Newbie first trip

This will be my first trip to BKK, i'll be arriving 2 august for 3 weeks. Im looking for some help from all you veteran's. I'm semi-pro photographer. so i'm not only coming for the ladies. could use some info for the following questions

what area stay

what hotel (1000 baht)

good pub's(you us scots like a beer or two)

places to visit for pics

and anything else helpful

cheer's

scotsman

scotsman said:

This will be my first trip to BKK, i'll be arriving 2 august for 3 weeks. Im looking for some help from all you veteran's. I'm semi-pro photographer. so i'm not only coming for the ladies. could use some info for the following questions

what area stay

what hotel (1000 baht)

good pub's(you us scots like a beer or two)

places to visit for pics

and anything else helpful

cheer's

scotsman

To fulfill your, ahem, photographic needs, you might try:

what area stay: Lower Sukhumvit, near Nana Entertainment Plaza

what hotel (1000 baht): Nana Hotel, across from Nana Entertainment Plaza (a bit more baht, but convenient)

good pub's(you us scots like a beer or two): You could try, say, Nana Disco, inside Nana Hotel, across from Nana Entertainment Plaza. Hear they have beer there.

places to visit for pics: Nana Hotel parking lot, outside Nana Hotel, across from Nana Entertainment Plaza. Beats the circus anyday!

You can tell all the folks about your 300 meter holiday- flew 10,000 km., never ventured more than 300 m from hotal! :)

If you want to sell pics, try to find places besides the main tourist areas. Lots of pics of them available already. So some possibilities:

1. Kanchanaburi -- bridge over the Kwae Noi (River Kwai). Often photographed, but the rows after rows of graves can still tear you up and might sell to vets' mags.

2. Lopburi -- a former capital, not as photographed as Ayutthaya (the best known former capital) and an easy trip from Bangkok.

3. The military museums in Bangkok ... rare aircraft, WWII tanks etc. Again maybe a market for military and vets' mags.

4. The Royal Thai Railway trains and stations ... great for train buffs.

5. Older parts of Bangkok, with scenes which are vanishing ... the old wooden buildings, quiet tree-lined streets, Chinatown etc. Bangkok becomes more and more a concrete monstrosity every day. :-(

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm, on my first trip I also was a semi pro photographer, who didn't come for the ladies. But they soon took me in hand, and made sure I got my priorities right.

Now I'm still a semi pro photographer, but come to LOS largely for the ladies.

Anyone can change their mind, even you.

I met a nice girl in the Soi 7 beer garden a while back, she said she was a semi pro, don't think she knew much about photography though. I think she was a nurse in her spare time. Cute girl but all of 4 foot something and looked about 32 going on 15.

Cheers,

M.

Archived