Songkran Festival in Sydney Today

Torneyboy

At last no rain!!!

Crowds way up on last three years..as rain came about half way through each other year.

New commitee this year..not much in fighting...still ran an hour over time :doah:

My wife's sister was an MC again,i put my hand up to be a judge for the miss Songkran competition...wife said"no way"..again :p..so i was sent out in the crowd to sell tickets in the many draws for the day.

Miss Songkran was won by a 21ys girl...won a return ticket to BKK plus Aud 1000.00 and a trophy.

Second..25 yrs 500....third 17yrs..200.

A very great day today i enjoyed it ..lots of people and a good show put on by the Sydney Thai community.

Lots of Thai stalls to buy product from or just to have a look,Thai consulate stand as well as Thai employment stands.

Usual entertainment...Bands,Thai silk fashion parade,Thai dance..etc.

A top day out..and look forward to the next Thai festival at Darling harbour Sydney :beer:

Will put a photo or two here (when i figure out how)

Oh...The headline acts this year!! Anita...and a guy Pon Pon(think that is his name)...Anita has put on some weight since i last saw her...

MikeN said:

yes, it was quite a pleasant day .....perhaps a bit too warm though ! A few cold Singhas would have gone down nicely.

I have posted a few pics at my pBase galleries if anyone is interested

hi

The gal you have as queen ..came third...!!

The winner was the girl in gold,,21 years.

Maybe you saw the first round ...was three rounds fo the judges...last was well after 5.3oPM btw

Archived