Friday 15 April

Social_Norm

Come on KS (and others). Have some balls :) Actually, even on the 12th and 13th things were relatively quiet in lower Suk after 6 p.m.....even Soi 4 ("ground zero"). I'm sure no prob tonight (15th). Better chance of fon dok ruining the parade.

Hugh (mak)

Hi,

"Come on KS (and others). Have some balls"

Screw you! :)

I've had my share of songkran.

Seriously though, would not have gone out tonight anyway. Came back from upcountry today and after spending 3 hrs in a car followed by another 3 hrs catching up on email / posts, I really do not feel like going out.

Sanuk!

<< I'm sure no prob tonight (15th). >>

The first two days were fine, just one man wai-ed me and respectfully poured water on my hands -- and then thanked me again. That's the way it is supposed to be! Then today, when I figured it would just about be over, there were pickups and tuk-tuks full of idiots with buckets and water cannons on all of the main roads. I almost made it to the market, but some clown got me from behind with a bucket full of water. Lots of fun spending the next 40 minutes or so sopping wet.

:(

p.s. I had enough sense to leave my phone at home, but I forgot to wrap my wallet in a plastic bag.

A quorum of 5 of only the bravest was assembled shortly after 1900 hours...consisting of couragous members not hiding under their beds at home or in a closet wrapped in a shower curtain.

Boring Man, Khun Kong, Itsmedave, Social Norm, and myself enjoyed some grub/drinks, but particulary the opportunity to make new acquaintances and renew others on a small scale.

As a footnote, only one member arrived damp, apparently due to some poor thai girl using his shirt and pants as a towel, rubbing herself against him while he braved the waterworks. In short, as I predicted...mai mee ban ha.

Hugh (mak)

GF collected all our Buddha's from all over the house today,made an alter thingy on our new solid wood coffee table then tipped water over them.

How sweet I thought until I realised that I'll have to re-wax the bloody thing now:cussing:!

She's a bit late. You're supposed to bathe the Buddha figures with pefumed water on the first day of Songkran. Thais go to the temple to do so, as well as at home. They offer special food to the monks, visit their parents and grandparents and pour "lustral water" on their hands, sometimes bring sand into the temples to build little chedi shaped piles etc. That's before all of the mayhem starts.

Your GF must have just remembered she hadn't done it.

Archived