Dutch Embassy seriously pissing me off

khunsanuk

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

KS

I think everyone can relate to your situation.

All of us at some time or another have been victims of petty bureaurocrats. Somehow when things don't go right the first time they seem to escalate into a mini saga.

It never helps when you do your cool as invariably things get worse. Sometimes thou when you reach boiling point you have to let it out and it may as well be at those petty officials than your wife or friends.

I haven't lived in Thailand but in the Gulf you have to the patience of Job to deal with the officials here. They are in a world class for petty officialdom.

I could you tell you some stories but i won't bore you ......

Good luck I am sure things will work out in the end.

Hi,

Saga has ended, picked up my wife's visum this morning.

Did have a final run in with the staff though as I did not have a copy of the ticket. So, rather than her just telling me "Sir, you should have brought a copy as well. I will make one for you know, but next time please provide one.", which would have been the polite way of solving it.

Instead she start complaining to me that I do not have a copy, I ask what copy?, she turns over the sheet and points at it (pissed off). So I ask her if she could make a copy for me, she walks off in a huff and tells me that next time I had better prepare everything correctly.

It took longer this way and caused more aggrivation for both parties. Service oriented they are not :(

Oh, and one more thing. When I was waiting in line a Thai girl came up to the counter and asked a quick question. She was answered with a smile. Same bitch that would hardly listen to my question and just told me to wait my turn.

Anyway, glad I got the visa and hopefully I won't have to go through this crap any time soon again.

Sanuk!

Guest lazyphil

<<I have found with embassies that it is best to provide MORE than they officially request >>

Agreed,I sent (I wasn't allowed in!) my Mrs into the American Embassy in London with a huge folder, better safe than sorry!...in my experience visas for a tg are very easy to obtain be it for the UK, US or EU. Its all down to fine details and planning.

Archived