Dutch Embassy seriously pissing me off

khunsanuk

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

spend over 3 hrs waiting as they only had 1 person handling the visas.

That's crazy of course.

I was there twice last month for my passport renewal and both times they had two counters for visa matters. Huge queues though ::

That time I went to the deserted counter for consular matters of course, but I too need to apply for my girl's visa somewhere in August and I can't say I'm looking forward to that.

One counter is crazy though. I might even return another day if I don't manage be anywhere near the front of the queue.

Hi,

"Obviously my first reaction is why the hell did you have to wait untill the last minute to apply for a visa anyway......"

Because the first 2 times things were settled in 24hrs and I had no reason to think it would be any different this time.

Besides, I fail to see what this has to do with my main gripes 'why did my parents have to be bothered?" and "why didn't they tell me on Tuesday that I also needed the bank statements?".

Doesn't seem to me that this would have been any different if I had applied 2 months ago, making your statement pointless.

Sanuk!

Hi,

And the saga continues...

Send in the stuff this morning, called them up 30 minutes later to ask about it. Obviously the only answer I get is "I don't know anything about that".

Ended up going to the Embassy.

Spoke to some Dutch girl, who told me she doesn't know anything about the visa stuff and I need to ask one of her colleagues (in the visa row that will take me 2 hours of waiting at least!). Explained the situation and asked her to please see if she could help me. She walks off to talk to another Dutch person, but all I get in reply is I need to talk to the Thai visa personel.

Got a ticket for that line (313, they were at 303 at the time), waited 20-30 min or so and got more and more pissed off. Saw a gap for another visa counter (the one for picking up passports) and went up to it asking if I could ask a quick question.

Was okay, so I asked if it would be a problem that our flight date had been changed (had had word by then that I lost our ticket reservations). All this bitch told me is that I need to wait for my number.

That's when I left. Fuck it!

Got back to the office, girls there had arranged alternative tickets for us (8 days later, meaning I will miss my Dad's birthday :( ). Called the Embassy again, could not get beyond the operator who I gave an earful. Felt sorry about that a bit as I know she can't help this, but on the other hand she could have transferred me to one of the Dutch people at the consular section and she refused stating that they do not pick up the phone, which of course is just plain bullshit.

All I got at the end of this was that they will call me ASAP after 2pm this afternoon. Well, I ain't holding my breath!

A bit of superstition Thai flavor as well involved with this. My wife called earlier that she had spoken to her mother. She hasn't really been feeling that well (nerves I guess) and had called her Mom; Mom went to talk to her Aunt, who produced the 'rock on a piece of string'. The reason for my wife's 'illness'? The spirit of the land we are living on does not want her to go.

I'm not shitting you!! And she believes this, and this crap at the Embassy is only reinforcing her beliefs of course.

So there you go, it's not dickhead bureaucrats is a spirit who is causing all these problems :)

Sanuk!

khunsanuk said:

Hi,

"Obviously my first reaction is why the hell did you have to wait untill the last minute to apply for a visa anyway......"

Because the first 2 times things were settled in 24hrs and I had no reason to think it would be any different this time.

Besides, I fail to see what this has to do with my main gripes 'why did my parents have to be bothered?" and "why didn't they tell me on Tuesday that I also needed the bank statements?".

Doesn't seem to me that this would have been any different if I had applied 2 months ago, making your statement pointless.

Sanuk!

khunsanuk said:

And the saga continues...

nuf said I think..... :dunno:

Hi,

"nuf said I think....."

Rather than making a comment like that, why don't you explain how me being pissed off at them dicking around and asking for additional info *after* I entered all the stuff they asked for has anything to do with me going there earlier?

Don't tell me you think that if I had gone a week earlier this would not have happened?

Now, I understand that it would have given me more time to short out these things, but that is not what I am bitching about.

Sanuk!

KS,

You started this thread and you started the rant.

And yes, submitting for the visa earlier would have resulted in you being on the plane to be on time for dads' BD.

You do the bitching, I just commented on this, no need to bitch towards me for the obvious mistake.

Its evident that at embassies nothing is evident, I also learned that the hard way.......

Be lucky they called you after 24 hours, when my GF applied it took them 4 days to say there was something missing, and later they missed twice the once-a-week-diplomatic-bag-to-Brussels......

C'est la vie, I am sure next time you will apply earlier.

BB

Hi,

"And yes, submitting for the visa earlier would have resulted in you being on the plane to be on time for dads' BD."

Seems you are still missing the point. I am not bitching about missing my Dad's birthday (yes, I am pissed about it, but you are right that is my own fault). I *am* bitching about them not being able to get their requirements in order and being utterly unhelpful in trying to sort this out. And that has nothing to do with me going earlier or not.

A receptionist telling me that I'd better be available to pick up the phone when they call me is IMHO totally out of line.

Sanuk!

KS,

But I do get the point.......

You just have to know that you cant win against a system like that.

Administration is the same everywhere, be it for visa, garbage tax or military draft.

Same same everywhere, take nothing for granted.

Hence my advise last night to call the guy you met before.....

He could sort out the requirements and put the file on top.

I hope all will be well asap.

BB

Archived