Dutch Embassy seriously pissing me off

khunsanuk

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
khunsanuk said:

Hi,

"Hence my advise last night to call the guy you met before....."

Sorry, not really my style to at the first sign of complications start calling people. Besides he has nothing to do with the consular section.

Sanuk!

Fair enough....... but I would have and he could have put in a good word as well..... its using the system for your needs.

BB

But the point is it SHOULDN'T be that way.

Same way when I went to my Embassy and the Thai staff was giving me shit about why I needed a notarized copy of some papers. Why do they need to know?

If you lived in country, I'd ask you if you've been here to long, as you're saying pulling strings is the way to go. It's mentality like that that prevents Thailand from joining the ranks of industrialized nations. To many resources not used effectively as it's all who you know rather than order and efficiency.

But getting back to the beginning, why did you HAVE to make you "nuff said comment"? Can't you just commiserate with the crap KS had to put up with at the embassy instead of trying to turn it around as a "som nom nah" argument?

Aren't there better more positive things in life than starting and trying to win a "som nom nah" argument?

<<burp>>

gummigut said:

But the point is it SHOULDN'T be that way.

Same way when I went to my Embassy and the Thai staff was giving me shit about why I needed a notarized copy of some papers. Why do they need to know?

If you lived in country, I'd ask you if you've been here to long, as you're saying pulling strings is the way to go. It's mentality like that that prevents Thailand from joining the ranks of industrialized nations. To many resources not used effectively as it's all who you know rather than order and efficiency.

But getting back to the beginning, why did you HAVE to make you "nuff said comment"? Can't you just commiserate with the crap KS had to put up with at the embassy instead of trying to turn it around as a "som nom nah" argument?

Aren't there better more positive things in life than starting and trying to win a "som nom nah" argument?

<<burp>>

You're trying to be the village idiot today ?

Whats your point ???

Of course it SHOULD not be, but because it is, one has to work the system.

Thats what I suggested to KS yesterday.

Did you even understood what I wrote ?

And where the fuck did I write, or even made to understand, that he deserves what he is getting with your stupid "som nam na" mention ?????

Whats your bloody point to even wanting to intervene here ?

What does the need for Thailand to join the ranks of industrial nations has to do with getting a visa at the Dutch embassy ???????? :dunno:

BB

i fully understand the frustration of KS; western embassies in general and in particular its arrogant overpaid lazy arbitrarily acting thai staff are a pain in the ass!

i was dealing during the last 2 months with visas for thai citizen at two different embassies of European countries and after several visits of the thai persons (2-3 hours each waiting time) i had to escalate and call the Farang supervisor and in one case even threaten to involve my "higher" contacts at the embassy and in the ministry of foreign affairs; but after that the visum was issued immediately!

also go around 9am to wittayu (american and british embassy) or sathorn (french and german) and observe the long queues of local visa applicants!

Hi KS,

sorry can't help sorting this out.

BB has two valid points: not your fault that the embassy asked for different papers this time (would be interesting to know WHY they do now), but you can't fight this system. And why didn't you go earlier. Even with the previous good experience with your wifes visa this is a little foolish.

Going earlier would not have saved you from the problems at the embassy, but it would have saved you the problems regarding your flight reservation.

I hope it will work out.

Btw, you know why this time embassy needs more papers?

<< but I am beginning to get the feeling that I am now being kept on a leash longer because I complained. And I had better not find proof of that! >>

That's what comes from upsetting some little bureaucrat anywhere. My experiences with the US Embassy in Bangkok have hardly been consistent. Sometimes they were extremely helpful and polite. At other times they made me feel like I was an illegal alien they had caught trying to pass myself off as a citizen. Seemed to depend on who I talked to ... and maybe what kind of mood they were in that day.

Archived