1 am closing in Pattaya

Hardy641

21st century

No, I think IB got it right the first time - if anything, opening hours in many parts of the world (including Oz) were a lot more liberal in the 20th century than they have become in the first few years of the 21st. The problem isnt opening hours - its the pathetic sods who dont know when they've had enough, and the pollies who use this as ammunition to enact their own draconian measures. Whether its the West or Islam, it seems like conservative (and worse...) forces are very much in power today.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
wonderlust said:

they've just started issuing 24 hour licences in the uk. only places like kuwait compare to thailand now...

u know the saying 'a bad day at golf is better than a good day at the office' ?

well ........... a 1am closing at pattaya is better than a 24hr bar ANYWHERE!

ib13 said:

wow I guess finally UK is ´normalising´ pub crawling to europe standards ;)

welcome to the 20th century :)

As someone who lives on a main highstreet deluged with bars and pubs, I am not looking forward to this.

The problem with the English (in the main) is that they dont know when to stop drinking so extending liscensing hours is a terrible idea.

However, having said that, maybe it will stop the morons from downing as many pints as they can before closing time, allowing them to drink more leisurely....who knows.

Not good news. Any updates on the current situation available?

If Pattaya is closing at 1 am and Phuket is as relaxed as it was on my last visit, I know where I am going on my next long weekend.

Spent last week in Pattaya. I'm ready for other things by 1:00am, so closing time is not an issue. Other than that, Walking Street was doing well. It's not quite the old days--defined as October 2003, but you could see various levels of showing in several of the mainline go-gos. They are concerned about the authorities, so many follow the appalling practice of leaving the bikini tops on, but pushing the panels to the side in order to allow a fast cover-up. Was in one of the smaller go-gos on a side soi, where they had a farang in his scivvies on stage with the consent of management--not a pretty sight. Back on the main drag, Dollhouse still seems to do a better job of getting the girls to do something beyond shuffle and hug the pole than anywhere else.

:applause:

I wonder what is behind all of this? I doubt that it has anything to do with a sudden does of moralism.

As with everything else in Thailand, there is political/economic explanation (notice how things started relaxing after the election?). One thought that comes to mind, and I will leave at only a thought and not speculate further: I wonder if this has anything to do with the big scandal over the airport scanners? If the press starts prying into contracting practices for the new international airport, a very large house of cards will come a tumbling down.

>>I wonder what is behind all of this?

... low season probably. Girls very money hungry atm, so few farangs here. Best time I reckon. Now I very sexy man. Come Xmas, I "papa" again.

Beach Club closed at 2am tonight. Several other gogos the same, depending on # of customers. But was in Carousel and Hootys the night before, and both looking rather forlorn at 1:15 am although still doing business

I kicked on for a while down Soi 8 and 7 still humming at 2:30 am albeit with lights down.

:beer:

robaus said:

>>I wonder what is behind all of this?

... low season probably. Girls very money hungry atm, so few farangs here. Best time I reckon. Now I very sexy man. Come Xmas, I "papa" again.

:beer:

Well if its low season why are Thai trying to charge me £606 for a friggin flight.

Archived