1st time KL

Pablo666

Hi - am going to be in KL for the 1st time for 3-4 days - would like to stay in the heart of the action so Bukit Bintang sounds good - anyone recommend a good 2-3 star hotel? Am on a budget! Also is there a Panthip type place nearby to pick up DVD, etc?

Thanks!

Do a search as this has been discussed. But quicky answers: hotel = Concorde is my recommendation. Imbi Plaza for software (blows away Panthip). Be careful around Bukit Bintang as there are many gangster types (and druggies) around -- usually harmless to foreigners, but just be aware of it.

Cheers,

SD

Sorry I can't help you directly about the dvd issue, but not trying to be a smart ass, but all of the movies you get at places like Panthip can be downloaded off the internet. Not sure if you have a fast internet connection, but if you do, I would recommend that over buying the same crappy quality dvd's from the street vendors.

Good luck:

Z

If you walk around Bukit Bintang, you'll find lots of "Offers" from Chinese men for Chinese girls.

EEK

However, near there is Hard Rock cafe, short distance in Taxi (About 7 Rm - 70 Baht - they rarely use meters!)

Further out is a great area, with row after row of bars, LOTS of girls having fun, and some freelancerss - hard to tell whose who of course.

At Hard Rock they will be more obvious.

Diagonally off bukit Bintang is a nice road with some good bars, Cuba Castro and some others.

DOG

I'd recommend the Capitol Hotel just off Bukit Bintang. My girl and I stayed there for four days three weeks ago and it was just perfect. Do a search on the hotel websites.

• 2 weeks later...

Beach Club is the best place in KL for freelancers - mainly Philippino and a few times - expensive though! About 250RM minimum. Maybe 200RM later in the night when things get more depserate. (1 RM = 10 Baht).

Low Yat Plaza is the software / hardware / computer / gadget place in Bukit Bintang.

Beware a lot of the touts on Bukit Bintang soliciting girls. You may end up in an under-age place. A farang was arrested here a few months ago during a raid after being taken to a brothel by a tout. Now he's really in the shit.

Hotel Malaya and Hotel Furama in the Chinatown area offer a good ST service for about 180RM. Indian and Malay girls on offer mostly.

Accomm in the Bukit Bitnang area - try the Radius or the Federal. Do a search on the web.

Hope this helps.

FlyP

• 2 months later...

Archived