A few very good questions to ask

chilli13

Yesterdays Nation had a very interesting letter to the relationship column. Any bets for the outcome of that?

Q & A below:

Dear Khun Melanee,

I am 30 and single. I?m the only child in my family and have a good foreign boyfriend. He is 54 years old, divorced and has a 26-year-old daughter. She has married her friend in Poland. Now my boyfriend has proposed to me. My dad is 58. He is conservative, and he prefers a Chinese guy. He doesn?t like foreigners, and my boyfriend is almost as old as he is. Do you have any advice for me? My boyfriend wants an answer because he wants to move in next year. What should I do?

Sincerely,

Thanyong

Dear Khun Thanyong,

I can?t tell you what to do, but I can give you some questions to ask yourself.

1. Can you speak your boyfriend?s mother tongue? Can he speak yours?

2. Does he get along with your friends? Do you like his friends?

3. Has he met your parents yet?

4. I?m assuming he is retired. How does he spend his time? Does he have hobbies or pastimes?

5. How is his health? If he has problems, do you spend a lot of time taking care of him?

This last question is very important. Perhaps I misunderstand your letter, but it sounds as if your boyfriend wants to live with you in your home. He?s not thinking about setting up a separate household. He?s not planning to invest much money or effort in his life with you, is he?

Please ask yourself these five questions. Then ask yourself one more question: Is a life with your boyfriend worth your life?

ib 17 ,

obviously a non-buffalo related case and therefore rare. Certainly a Chinese-Thai family , otherwise daddy would not hope for a Chinese husband.

If I was Khun Thanyong I would not marry a 54 years old retired falang but maybe he has a Carrera Turbo , factory tuned 450 hp. with ceramic brakes. We need more details , possibility is also hat Khun Thanyong looks terribly ugly so that this falang would be her last hope.

BuBi

oh so if khun farang offered to marry you instead you'd accept based on the sportscar alone LOL?

seriously it looks like uphill battle all the way for the girl, but I'm quite impressed the way the Nation's columnist took the time for a pragmatic answer :)

for the guy it looks like a good catch & he'll probably not mind the family not being to fond of him...

Archived