"àÊÕ´ÒÂ"

Old Hippie

"àÊÕ´ÒÂ" (Sai-dai?) Not sure of the translation. A damn fine movie. About a group of girls from relatively good families who all get caught up in glue sniffing and work up to Heroin. Work as hookers, and get strung out. All end up in Rehab.

Had subtitles, which is good, as I got maybe every 15th word, but did follow the story. Trouble is, the ending was done in a written summary, hate that! Sadder yet is the fact that despite my study Thai for Years, I still can't read it worth a shit. So...should anyone know this movie, and knows the ending, let me know, if not make one up, I won't know the difference anyway. BTW, the actress with the glasses is sort of cute, in that plain simple studious/serious looking way. Rweminds me a bit of my WTF girl, when she was in University, Kassassart I might add.

O.k. so anyone who knows the end, let me know. Thanks.

I do not know the ending as I have not seen it, but it looks good. It's described as: "The first movie to hit 50 million bahts, Sia Dai was intentionally made to reflect drug problem in Thai adolescents coming from broken home. Win numerous National cinematography awards bear witness of its excellence. Many schools took their students to see it."

siadie1.jpg

There is a sequel too, Sia Dai 2: "Although the second in "Sia Dai" series, but doesn't have a connected story with its former part. Still, it reflected one of nowadays significant social problems : Aids. In this movie, Marisa Anita be the young girl who got the HIV-Virus from blood transfusion. Problems arise when her parents refuse to believe what she told them. What's more, her circle reacts strangely. How she endures such unbearable situations is extremely interesting. Five awards include "the Best Movie" from the National Cinematography Association. You must not miss it !!

"

siadie.jpg

Cheers,

SD

Archived