Which accent sounds the cutest to a Thai?

bibblies

I was just wondering about this. For example, in English, an Italian trying to speak English usually sounds a lot more charming than a German. South African accents assualt the ears even more while French accents usually aren't too bad. It's usually related to how mellifluous we find the underlying language to be, I think.

How does this work in Thai? For instance, do Thais prefer English-accented speakers to German ones? Can they even tell the difference? Do they prefer Japanese accented Thai speech to any European accent?

(Btw, I've heard a couple of Thais indicate that Japanese sound like annoying "jabber-jabber" to them which quite surprised me.)

Any clues?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
bibblies said:

(Btw, I've heard a couple of Thais indicate that Japanese sound like annoying "jabber-jabber" to them which quite surprised me.)

Any clues?

Japanese can be very gutteral and rapid fire. Thai in general is much more polite and softer. Though I think Thai lends itself to rap... But that's another story.

Are we talking about speaking English with accents or speaking Thai with accents? Very confused.

I honestly think though that a majority of the Thai women prefer just Thai (those that don't want to control you). Many times I've been asked to say something sweet in Thai. Too bad "Bahk maa" doesn't go over very well...

:)

<<burp>>

Agree with spudsmck

until now I just know that some thais find that roman languages sound more "beautiful" than say germanic, but as I did not ask to

200 thais or more I could not take it as a correct statistic.

my 2 satangs

Archived