Which accent sounds the cutest to a Thai?

bibblies

Agree with most of this, Thai ladies always think i'm American, but i have a 'BBC' type english accent...they are often surprised when i say i'm english, i'm often confused...

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ah, that reminds me of another language question. Why do Scandinavians pepper their English speech with "For sure..."? They nearly always say it but no other nations do this. :dunno:

That just reminded me of when I was working in China for an Irish Company and spent most nights out with the Irish Guys. On Guy in Particular from Wexford had a habit of always saying "anyhow" mid sentance and sometimes even starting his sentance off with it.

The number of Times Chinese lasses were asking me "Why Your Friend Always saying Hello?"

Anyhow in a Wexford Accent is spot on for Nhi Hao, Chinese for Sawadee

Maybe most of their customers are American since American population is higher than that of the UK ? So the ratio of punters from USA should be higher?

These days, I would think maybe not. I seem to run into more Brits than North Americans (Yanks or Canucks). Remember that the sterling is strong now ... and the yanqui dollah ain't. :(

p.s. I found even in the 1970s that Thais seemed to go by a perceived national image. One is judged by the way one dresses and acts. Most Thais will still guess I am a Brit first, and then maybe Australian. Yank comes in as the third choice. (Obviously, they haven't been to Pattaya and seen the way the average Brit tourist there dresses! :shocked: )

Well jack-schist, I agree with the Kiwi way as you've related. but I ammend the Aussie way to what it sounds like to me....

Chers

Coss

Aussies say: "feesh and Cheeps"

Kiwis say: "fush and chups"

Aussies say: "skeem meelk"

kiwis say: "skum mulk"

Aussies say: " there are seexty girls on my farm"

Kiwis say " there are sexy sheep on my farm"

hope that clears things up a bit GTG.

Which accent sounds the cutest to a Thai?

The word on the Sukhumvit Street is that a cultivated falang (typically New Zealand originating) who has been living in a foreign country (typically Australia, specifically Sydney) for 10 years approximately has the cutest voice to a Thai.

Entirely unrelated: Free2Fly is a cultivated New Zealander living in Australia (Sydney) and has done so for the last 10 years and 7 months.

Archived