DONT GO TO AFTER SKOOL

Nervous_Dog

OK - this is, er, was my favourite stopping holes, and I have had many many fun nights there.

However, twice in the last 2 weeks, each time while showing a out of town visitor around they have outragiously padded the bill.

First time for 1800 baht, ok - the newbie had to learn.

2nd time 2900 baht, I refused to allow my mate to pay for 3 tequilas, 3 lady drinks and a few other drinks for that price.

The accountant stoppedd the music and started yelling at me, nice!

So I just smiled and explained.

Interestingly, 3 girls we where with came over, 2 I don;t know who claimed we had ordered all these extra drinks, the 3rd defending us, a long time girl therre, saying we hadn;t

Bill came down too 1700 baht, still more than I wanted to pay but ok.

Afterwards bumped into the "good" girl from aftersckool. She said this is happening a lot.

Any one know the owner? He should know as I am now letting everyone know not to go there while this scam is on!

You've been warned (dramatic music)

DOG

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dog,

Good on ya. Thanks. This is the kind of crap guys going out for a night on the town need to know about so they can avoid the rip-off joints. Vote with your feet and wallets guys. They'll get the picture once the word gets around and people stop going in. I'm sure Dog'll post this everywhere where all who read these boards will see it. :: I hate this shit! And you'd be surprised how many people read these boards and will hear of this, and how many ex-pats go themselves and bring friends around on visits and recommend or not recommend certain places to go. I hope this hurts them in the pocketbook so they lose as much, or more, than they have stolen.

Cent

ND

It is amazing that they pull this sort of stunt on regular customers.

They really don't care.

Unfortunately this is common practice in many bars in LOS.

It has happened to me in bars where I have been a regular as well.

I always stand my ground on these issues as it really is taking the p*ss when you spend a lot of money in a place and they try this sort of caper.

In a lot of places these days, I check the bill, after each order, and add it up myself, give the money+ tip then leave. Alternative is to pay after each round is brought. Prevents this type of thing from happening.Sucks when it happens though, especially if it is in a good place you have always enjoyed.

Nervous_Dog said:Any one know the owner? He should know as I am now letting everyone know not to go there while this scam is on!

the owner is from netherland, a tall slim guy with blond hairs. he owns this bar for many years, but i believe there are coowners. the manager is a older bold austrian or german chap. one of those two is usually always on premise.

i actually like the fun atmosphere in after school, but always check all the receipts when the drinks arrive.

they must have taken you for a newbie dog! :neener:

I wonder if this is a sign desparation because there are so few customers in NEP. This is low season in NEP, but this year it seems particularly low, with the exception of a few bars (that would probably be otherwise be doing better.)

My guage of how well the p4p scene is how many calls I get on my mobile. When things were doing well, I wouldn't hear from certain BGs for weeks if not months. Now I am constantly getting calls and offers at bargain basement prices. In this Sunday's Stickman there was some speculation about whether the New Social Order polices are finally having taking their toll, and perhaps that speculation is on the mark.

You are right. I was thinking Playschool.

Now if someone had mentioned naughty boy's corner, I wouldn't have made that mistake...

Archived