DONT GO TO AFTER SKOOL

Nervous_Dog

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[color:"red"] why is one never gets undercharged for a bill [/color]

I do - and point it out. (Apart from me just being a nice guy, I figure it lets them know "politely" that I do take an interest in the bill - without being obsessive).

Undercharging / not being able to add up usually occurs for me in Bar Beers. It does not happen often - but enough to make it noticeable - of course my bills can be quite large which may account for their problems................ ::

They are usually very surprised that I can do mental arithmetic at all, and totally amazed when I can do it when very drunk (albeit a bit slower!).

My wife always closely checks the bills, no matter where we go. The 20% error rate is probably about right IMHO.

I am pretty sure these petty scams in the bars and go-go's that people talk about go on in the Thai equivalent places as well. I am always surprised at level of Farang paranoia. For every Farang that is being ripped off, there are probably 100 (or more) Thais be ripped off just as bad (and probably can afford it considerably less).

The world is dangerous place.

TH

Well, sorry, my old four-legged friend but Boring Man and I broke the boycott last night afteoer the quiz. From my usual seat at the bar I think it would be hard to get ripped off anyway and I've never felt that I have been but only a fool would believe that it doesn't happen with the state that many of the punters are in by the time they get there!

For the record, the old German/Austrian/Swiss non-smiling manager (Fritz?) retired a few months ago, and good luck to him. The new manager is Scottish (is that John who was referred to earlier?).

If there is any skulduggery going on here, my money is firmly on the current crop of cashiers. I can't believe that Hank would endorse or encourage such a thing, always seems to take very good care of the customers and his girls, in a quiet, unobtrusive way. Sitting at the bar, I will usually be joined by any 2 from say half a dozen girls most of whom I've known for years. Inevitably there will also be a few hangers on but a quiet word direct to them or one of the 'chosen ones' sees them melt away with no fuss or attitude. The ones that piss me off are the cashiers who bring the lady drinks and then just stand there and point, occasionally with the first smile they have mustered since you arrived, and just expect to get a drink for serving you. Say no and watch the level of service diminish.

I would think they see themselves as a little but above the girls on the floor (or in the corner) and are probably jealous of the money those girls are making in drinks and tips - I would guess that some are earning as much or more than any stunner in a go-go. Something like SD's receipt scam would sound a very feasible form of retaliation. If those cashiers want more money than they should start to earn it, they could try looking a bit more enthusiastic when customers enter and sit down for a start. Failing that, they could always cut a few holes in the bar and start getting their mouths dirty.

Agreed on all points. AFAIK, Mr. Happy retired a few months ago. But one of the AfterSkool gals did say he was spotted on the Soi. Just looking, or thinking of coming out of retirement?

Now the important stuff...did the botten of wodka ever show up there? Bloody shame that the "tea-totaling" team wins the booze!

Sorry for the abondonment before getting to AS, but I had to unwrap a Prezzie in the Penny Black. Twas good seeing Froggo out -- were you still at Midnite when he arrived?

Arab food Friday? Maybe we'll drag Old Hippie along.

Cheers,

SD

suadum said:

Now the important stuff...did the botten of wodka ever show up there?

No, but the cashier said she would add it to my bill anyway!

suadum said:

Sorry for the abondonment before getting to AS, but I had to unwrap a Prezzie in the Penny Black. Twas good seeing Froggo out -- were you still at Midnite when he arrived?

Yes, but only just. I ended up in Love Scene for a drink and a snack with a student protege, which turned into a takeaway .... Interestingly, someone I don't know came in with 5 of the AS girls, cashiers included!

suadum said:

Arab food Friday? Maybe we'll drag Old Hippie along.

Yes, that might be nice.

Archived