Cost of Abortion in BKK??

Hey Guys,

Can anybody tell me what is the cost for an abortion In Bangkok?

My girlfriend is 4 months pregnant and we both had a change of heart about it.

Location info will also be most welcomed.

Take care

I agree with the earlier post... Abortions are illegal and most doctors and clinics (if they're decent) won't do them..

Since you're talking about your TGF, I assume that you'd want to do the best for her.. My suggestion is also to take a week and go to Singapore... The best medical attention in all of Asia is found there..

I know of two TG's who had bad abortions and now both are now permanently sterile because of the resulting infections... They're both devistated as they will never be mothers..

Please consider this carefully.

--UPSer

iuytrede you post:

"abortion is best done at soi 12 (the place next to Cabbages and Condoms), cheap (under 2000 B). They might be unwilling to do it after the 3rd month, in which case you should go to a hospital, cost for Thais about 10000 B"

A few thoughts

1 - I would really question if people who do abortions illegally for 2000 B really care what month it is. Abortions in the US can be done in a doctors offfice and if something goes wrong, the patient can be taken to the hospital. If some does wrong in an illegal setting, not so easy.

2 - this guy should be urged 1st to test the girl and see if she is scamming him. Perhaps a private dick could see if she is or has pulled the same scam on other farangs. If the guy doesn't think it is a scam then he should send her money to go to Singapore. I don't think he should risk her life when it is both of their responesablity.

@ btm

abortions in Thailand are about as "illegal" as prostitution.

Soi 12 is not an illegal backdoor operation as you might find it in the US, but a perfectly open and honest institution. It is Thailand's best known clinic for planned parenthood. The man behind it is Meechai of Cabbage and Condoms. He is the one who popularized condoms in Thailand and thus brought down the birth rate, a prerequisite for Thailands economic development (compare the Catholic Phillippines). Later he helped Thailand to successfully fight AIDS.

The place has lots of experience with abortions (as do Bangkok's hospitals).

The price is low because it is not seen as a chance to make as big a profit as possible out of the distress of women - quite different from US doctors.

The idea to send someone from Bangkok to Singapore for an abortion is quite ridiculous.

iuytrede

I hope you are right. I assume your knowlegde is better than mine. Abortion is to my knowlegde a fairly simple medical procedure but complications can require an operating room. Are the "illegal" abortion clinics in BKK prepared for unusual emergncies? That is my question. BTW, am I correct that nobody else suggested it was a possibly a scam?

iuytrede & btm--

It's true that abortion (except in rare cases) is illegal... It's also true that prostitution is illegal...

My only "issue" with this is IF (and I will agree that it is a relatively small "if") anything goes wrong.. I'm not so sure that the Dr & clinic will be really responsive to call for advanced help as the procedure they are doing is (in fact) illegal...

As iuytrede implies.. there are a number of BKK clinics that will do it...and I'm sure they are good at it.... I'm also sure that the odds are greatly in your favor for a positive outcome...

For me, and this is only personal, I don't take any chances with my health and life.. I only got one after all...

--UPSer

laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0

"There are a number of clinics that do it"

Please elaborate, which, where, what quality.

Don't care about price, just best quality. Bumungrad cannot do it, they said, and said go to Soi 12. My feedback from a previous user of the Soi 12 service was that it was very crude, no sense of tact or care, no interest in pain experienced etc. Is there anything better?

One is needed right now, right here in BKK.

See "relationships" section, thread "Mia Leua/Mia noi", latest developments

Archived