serving wine in gogo or beerbar?

does somebody know wich gogo bars and beerbars in sukhumvit lower area serve red wine, because on doctors order, i can not drink beer or other alcohol anymore....

i still want to be little "high", who can help me out???

or do i have to carry my own wine in there???

Hello

I never saw or heard that a beer bar or a gogo was serving some red wine, another thing is that wine is quite expensive besides of being hard to find.

Anyway here is some info about places where to find wine, mostly white wines and mainly australian.

- V9 restaurant at the top of the Sofitel on Silom

- http://www.wineconnection.co.th/

- Villa Supermarket next to the UBC building at the entrance to soi 33 has a whole floor of wine upstairs

In addition some bars from great hotels also serve wine.

Keep in mind that wine is expensive in thailand.

Not the easy answer you were after but, anyway.......

As already said, Wine can be a bit expensive in Thailand - I am not a great wine buff, but I like "reasonable" quality stuff.

Robinsons Dept Store has a reasonable selection.

They do make local plonk, but you may want to consult with your Doctor first (unless someone here can recomend something drink able).

I am sure I have seen wine sold in a Bar, somewhere - but I cannot recall exactly where! Something makes me think it was either one of the "pool" bars on soi 7/1 or at the Beer Bars in Nana (Which if so, probably means it is in at least some of the ground floor Go Go's). But I have never been a fan of either wine by the glass or "Bar quality" wine, so never bothered.

I have drank Red Wine in the GoGo bars on occasion, but was either when I brought my own or I was given a bottle by the staff - obviously their is a bit of a prior relationship here, but I am 100% sure that if you explain your "problem" to a Bar they will be quite happy to accomadate you - as long as it is worthwhile for them in cash terms (and not just a few "free" drinks for the ladies, unless it's the boss :)).

Yes I agree totally with One_More

=> as long as you are willing to pay Thais will try to find what you want

(sometimes not exactly what you want .......)

but IMHO it is quite strange if your doctor told you not to drink any alcohol or beer I have to remind you that wine contains more

alcohol than a beer.

Anyway if you like red wine so much, buy a bootle then bring it with you

::

drogon said:

Yes I agree totally with One_More

=> as long as you are willing to pay Thais will try to find what you want

(sometimes not exactly what you want .......)

but IMHO it is quite strange if your doctor told you not to drink any alcohol or beer I have to remind you that wine contains more

alcohol than a beer.

Anyway if you like red wine so much, buy a bootle then bring it with you

::

True, but wine is better for your cardio-vasular system (the heart and veins to me and you) than beer and lager. PLus the fermenation of wine differs vastly to beer which may be the reason the doctor recommended it.

Wine Buyer. :D

shygye said:

Carousel - NEP. I saw red wine served a couple of years ago.

Yes, I can confirm that. Also G-Spot (in fact, every Crown Bar, I think). It's listed on those little plastic menu cards.

They also do Sangria!

I've tried both, in both places. I can't say it was great quality (probably worse than you're used to in farangland) but it makes a change.

I suppose that once you've found a bar you like, you could get something better from Foodland and persuade the owner to let you drink it in the bar for some sort of deal.

wally said:

does somebody know wich gogo bars and beerbars in sukhumvit lower area serve red wine, because on doctors order, i can not drink beer or other alcohol anymore....

i still want to be little "high", who can help me out???

or do i have to carry my own wine in there???

Change your doctor. :drunk:

Archived