"Man bites dog" -- BGs Scammed!

The mood was a bit somber yesterday on Washington Square. It seems that some Thai lady came into several of the bars to recruit hookers for some Japanese party happening at the Westin. Several of the gals decided to join and the lady said that they would dine at MK (near the Westin) and await the call that the gents were ready for them. A call comes into the lady and she tells the girls the details: the hotel does not want them to take their phones upstairs, so write your name, phone number and type of phone on this piece of paper and I will keep your phones safe until you are done. She assigned one of my friends, Miss High Maintenance, to go to Watson's nearby and buy a couple of 12 packs of condoms and another gal to take care of the food bill (whom she said would get reimbursed later). Miss HM meets the gals in the lobby of the hotel. Mysterious lady is now nowhere to be found, having told the girls that she was going up to the gents room to sorts things out. They wait for two hours before they figure out that mysterious lady was full of shit and just stole their phones!

Miss HM was still angry last night, but she is a trooper too, making jokes about herself: "I was stupid last night, but I am not stupid tonight. Just drunk." "Wanna go upstairs and fuck? I have a lot of condoms!" and my fav (sung along with John Denver's Country Road) "Take me home. Where's my phone? Fucking bitch! I'm so dumb!"

Mehkong Kurt promises to have more detail (and prolly more accurate since the gals were way drunk when I talked to them) and anecdotes on this in his column this week.

Cheers,

SD

Funny they didn't see it coming, but the Square tends to be pretty straight and scam-free, so they're probably not on their guard as much as girls elsewhere.

Anyone pulling this sort of thing on BGs has to be plumb crazy or pretty desperate for cash. The woman in question can hide, but she can't run. No doubt she'll be seen again and have to pay the price. It would be interesting to know what that price turns out to be.

Oh, one addition to Suadum's report: If I recall correctly, the woman specifically targeted bars which did not have any foreign management present. Do you remember that detail too, SD?

Wish I'd been able to join you for that later drink.

Aye. The owners of both Silver Dollar and Lone Staar are in the States on holiday. And she made damn sure (per Mehkong Kurt) that she talked to the ladies far away from any old Thai hand punters.

Cheers,

SD

Anyone pulling this sort of thing on BGs has to be plumb crazy or pretty desperate for cash. The woman in question can hide, but she can't run. No doubt she'll be seen again and have to pay the price. It would be interesting to know what that price turns out to be.

Exactly my thoughts. Anyone would have to be crazy to pull this stunt. What kind of revenge would they consider for a woman who stole from them??? revenge on punters is often physical pain via broken bones or beatings... do you think they would have the same done to a woman?

For the guy who knew one of the gals scammed; did she voice any plans of revenge??

Archived