Should I post?

I tried posting before but only to be asked the question "Are you a troll?" From my undestanding of a troll, it would seem the person asking the question, afte I posted a benigned post, is themself a troll. I have noticed other new people being treated the same way. The pesons doing such treatment are those that are well established members who should know better but for whatever reason are never discouraged about treating new people in such an uninviting fashion. I suspect this is why some feel this is really a closed board that is open really to a select numbe of people.

If posting this is grounds for being banned, then I would rather know where I stand with this group before I get involved any further. As you can see, I feel uncomfortable with the flip-flop way rules are bent and created so as to be able to get rid of cetain members. I have read all that I can about Thai3 but still can not see what rule he actually broke. It would help if the rule he broke could be referenced instead of going on and on about how he produced sermon and tried to cram it down everybodies throat. Right now it looks like if a certain number of people dislike somebody that in of itself looks like a new reason for getting rid of that person which means anybody can get banned without any real reason.

:banghead:

Hi,

First of all, your post was not deleted, it just had not been approved yet. All posts in this forum require a Mod or the Admin to approve them before they are visible.

Your second post though (i.e. the one asking about why your post was deleted) I therefore did not approve as it is irrelevant.

Now then onto the post itself.

Seeing that I do not know what you posted before I cannot really answer your question on whether or not it could be seen as trolling. If you could point me to the thread than I might be able to give you an answer.

As for Thai3 the main reason he got banned was those sermons. I try to run this board on a 'live and let live' basis; he however could not resist to try and force his way of thinking onto others.

"Right now it looks like if a certain number of people dislike somebody that in of itself looks like a new reason for getting rid of that person which means anybody can get banned without any real reason."

If that were really the case, I think half the board would be banned. Thai3 was not banned on a whim, he had been warned time and time again (both on the open board and in PMs).

Sanuk!

PS This does not really belong here, but rather in the Suggestions / Moderation Issues forum.

"Should I post?"

Isn't this like the American: "Can I ask you a question?" - You've already done it!

If you'd read more of Thai3's many posts (1000+?), you'd wonder at how tolerant the board was of a total w*nker! You'd need to read more than one or two posts to see the overall effect.

No one even remembers your first post so I wouldn't worry about it. They just get suspicious if you start off talking about some other banned poster because you might be him trying again...

Hey, I'm Boring Man. Why do I have to keep reminding people?

Why don't you actually post something useful and see what happens? Or are we supposed to plead with you?

O.K. then. Please, pretty please, pretty please with sugar on top, puhleeeese post something. Feel better? Happy now? Welcome to the board; maybe KS will offer you one of the anonymous moderator slots.

I was accused of trolling too. That was because I asked about how most guys dress to go out in BKK and also what it's like to walk from Nana to Cowboy.

However, it seemed to be just one member who perhaps got out of bed on the wrong side and another member pointed out that it seemed harsh.

I think most of the guys here are friendly and helpful but you will always come across the odd arrogant bigot wherever you go.

A lot depends on your attitude and at the moment, you are coming across as a little confrontational. Maybe you could try to adopt a conciliatory and more friendly tone?

Welcome to the board.

Archived