Angeles City Trip Report

rob1074

I was there in April and will be there again in April 2007.

Barrio Barretto is seeing a revival - new hotels and bars. Dancers are now allowed again with the change in Mayor of Olangopo( although no bikinis allowed - however some of the costumes e.g french maid are quite interesting :devil: !) Baloy beach is also getting much better with resorts such as blue rock which has a good beach bar. Calapandayan(subic city) was pretty much the same as usual.

With the opening of the new highway, I think the Subic area will see more developments but I don't think it will ever get back to the scale of the US navy days. But with Angeles just an hour away it won't need to.

• 9 months later...
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

As of April 07 :

Manila :

I was taken to a karoke video tv lounge by my Filipino business associate. Very beautiful girls but not my scene. I went to the LA cafe which is a popular freelancer bar. I arrived at 10 pm and left at 6 am with a girl who normally worked as a shop assistant in a mall by day but was freelancing on her day off. A good night and when I was there the music was good and a lively atmosphere.

Angeles :

I didn't go at the best time as it was holy weekend (easter) which meant on Good Friday in particular bars were closed and there were restrictions on bikinis in the bars that were open. I still managed to have a good time. Spent some time in the perimeter bars this time (similar to Soi 6 pattaya)and can recommend them, Nifty's especially.In respect of gogo's - Brown Sugar, Voodoo, Wet spot and La Bamba were all good.

Subic :

Barrio Barretto and Baloy beach are getting better each time I visit. There seems to be a lot more investemnt in hotels, bars etc with many hotel/bar owners from Angeles diversifying into Subic. Good bars include the Office, Score bar, Midnight rambler and Rock Lobster. Calapandayan(subic city) is slowly dying due to the re-introduction of go-go's into Barretto. When I was there only 3 or 4 bars were still open that were expat/tourist friendly. The other bars tend to cater for filipinos and you need to be a bit wary in such establishments.

La Union/Bauang

About 3 hrs drive from Angeles, I went up to visit a friend who has retired there. Stayed in Bali Hai Beach resort,nice location and bar/restaurant, rooms were a bit basic for my taste. Not much in the way of bars but what there are, are pretty good with some very attractive girls. I can receommend Stilettos, and footlights.

Archived