1 GB Mini Cruiser

Old Hippie

Anyone have any info on how these work? I want to know if they can just be plugged into my USB, copy the desired file, and store/transport it..? worth the money/effort? I am mainly interested in storing/moving pictures. Thanks...here is what I am talking about...

7fef8d0e.jpg

Old Hippie

Basically you have a little software to install (very easy and fast)

then you take your USB key-plug it- load your files/music etc....-unplug and there you go

If you have a recent computer the fact it is usb 1.0 or 2.0

doesn't mind.

most do NOT require any software if sys is XP... simply seen as a mass storage device. Win 98 requires drivers installed as they are not built in. Some use installs if they have special protections built in, but avoid them as they are tricky to use on the road.

The Sandisk pictured is what I use and fits the above model.

O.k. thanks. I may pick one up. I have a bunch of music I want to transfer between computers...thinking this might be the easiest way...or might just try a USB cable hooking the 2 together...hmmm, subject of my next post maybe... :)

I just bought their 512 Meg Titanium for $54 with a $17 rebate. Comes with software you can use to encrypt your files just in case you lose it. I did not use the software as I have Steganos Safe 8 and made an encrypted volume on it. Love the way it works. Just plug it into a USB port and it brings up my start. exe file to put in my user name and password. After entered, my encrypted files are ready to use. I did have one problem with it as if you have Win 98 SE, you have to download a driver for it to use the drive with that software, I downloaded the file from their site but could not get it to recognize my drive. Don't know what the problem was. I just upgraded to Win XP Pro and it works great!! :)

"I live in California, near San Francisco"

Damn, was there 3 months ago

Anyway the price of a USB hub or of a USB key is not that much, I could try to send you the hub by mail but the problem is that it is written in french.

::

Damned, I wish you had let me know...we could have welcomed you to SFO, and shown you the sights! Well, Next time o.k.! ? Oh, do you know if one of these things can be used to capture Pictures directly off a digital camera...? Seems to me I saw something that allowed you to do that...forget what though...

Archived