1 GB Mini Cruiser

Old Hippie

O.k. just found one type...still can't find the other type. This one is for Nikon Cameras Only I guess, might work with others...expensive, but handy in the field if you need to empty and reuse a card...fast...

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0006283AG/qid=1119160704/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1_etk-photo/102-8245337-7316938?v=glance&s=photo&n=502394

The other type I seem to recall seeing was very small, almost like this cruiser mentioned above. Just plugged into the camera, and got the pictures off the card, and presumably cleared the card.

These type thing would be good for traveling, if no internet shop of photo shop was available...but frankly, I don't like to deleate my cards until I have the pics burned onto a disk as well as my hard drive...lotta cool stuff out there, and more comming no doubt...

billywan said:

I just bought their 512 Meg Titanium for $54 with a $17 rebate. Comes with software you can use to encrypt your files just in case you lose it. I did not use the software as I have Steganos Safe 8 and made an encrypted volume on it. Love the way it works. Just plug it into a USB port and it brings up my start. exe file to put in my user name and password. After entered, my encrypted files are ready to use. [/quote}

Please tell me if I need the Steganos Safe 8 software to use the encryption, or will the software that comes with the Cruzer work for this? I also have the SanDisk 512 MB Cruzer, and I would like to use the encryption feature.

Regards

You do not need Steganos Safe 8 to encrypt files on your drive. I only used Safe 8 as I already was using it to encrypt a Volume on my Hard Drive and it offfers an option called Portable Safe which makes an encrypted volume on all USB Flash Drives. The only problem with Safe 8 is it needs the Steganos Encryption Software installed on the computer you are using. If I was at an Internet Cafe, when I hit start.exe to start the User/Password screen, if the encryption engine is not installed, it gives an Option to install it on the machine so you can use your drive. The only down side to this I have found is if the owner of the machine requires Administrative Priviledges to install software, you will not be able to use the encrypted voulme but you can use the part of the drive that is not encrypted. Sandisk MiniCruzer comes with CruzerLock2 encryption sowtware for you to use, however, it will only work on Sandisk Model USB Flash Drives. Really like my Titanium Flash Drive!!! :)

Billywan,

Thanks for the info! I haven't used the cruzer yet, and I didn't see any CD with the package, so now I understand that the encryption software resides on the flash drive itself. Hopefully, it will work okay when I try to download pics to it from my pc.

Regards

Archived