confused about visa procedure

well....

The tourist visa is intended for tourists for a start, nothing else.

Also if he doesnt have a Imm Ed visa he may have problems registering with the uni for classes and getting any other documents relating to his studies.

Also with the Imm Ed he doesnt need to leave every 60 / 90 days etc which could impact his course. There is no 3/6/9month tourist visa. There are multiple entrys ( and extensions) which are not the same thing.

Junglesoup - listen to the others. Get your visa BEFORE you come. You think its frustrating now? Try doing this when you get here and then you will really find out.

Thanks for the replys. I would get it before I go if it did invlove getting it at one of the Uk embassys.

However I can t do it this way as the institute procedure involves me posting all the documents to Thailand where she will apply on my behalf. It means sending a visa fee, trying to transfer course fees(part of them) waiting for them to apply to the education authorities and then waiting for the return of my passport and documents. It means using all that registered mail and shit like that.

They told me it cuould take a month for this with the right documents. That may invlove more posting. IT would end up taking 6 weeks. It also means I can t book my flight until I get my passport back.

For these reasons I booked my flight and have decided to get it at a border. I dont know why I can t do it in my own country but I suppose I have to follow their regulations. I don t mind going to a KL or Singapore as i hve done a visa run before. Thats why I am confused about not getting it in the UK.

I want a laptop and camera so I suppose I can get that in Singapore. I really dont mind the travelling,and belive everythinh should be ok. Famous last words. Cheers for the input. Takecare,

chris.

junglesoup said:

Thanks for the replys. I would get it before I go if it did invlove getting it at one of the Uk embassys.

However I can t do it this way as the institute procedure involves me posting all the documents to Thailand where she will apply on my behalf. It means sending a visa fee, trying to transfer course fees(part of them) waiting for them to apply to the education authorities and then waiting for the return of my passport and documents. It means using all that registered mail and shit like that.

They told me it cuould take a month for this with the right documents. That may invlove more posting. IT would end up taking 6 weeks. It also means I can t book my flight until I get my passport back.

For these reasons I booked my flight and have decided to get it at a border. I dont know why I can t do it in my own country but I suppose I have to follow their regulations. I don t mind going to a KL or Singapore as i hve done a visa run before. Thats why I am confused about not getting it in the UK.

I want a laptop and camera so I suppose I can get that in Singapore. I really dont mind the travelling,and belive everythinh should be ok. Famous last words. Cheers for the input. Takecare,

chris.

SAE is what? You sure this is all on the up-and-up?

Virtually everytime a Thai tells me to pay in advance, something ends up not as stated.

SAE=Sound and Audio Engineering Institute.

They are the biggest audio and music/multimedia college in the world. They have 40 colleges all over the world,from Byron Bay to New York. The degree is intensive and obtained in 2 years and is validated by Goldsmiths London College.

I am not worried about paying the fee as for any course that I know of the fee has to be paid before the course starts. The course starts in August so paying the fees in July is normal procedure. Its just I would rather pay in person rather than having to transfer the fee as I don t want to incur transfer costs.

Chris.

YOur guess is as good as mine, KHun KOng. Maybe the secretarys English ain t so hot and there has been some communication breakdown.

I ll try just have to trust in their procedure. 99 percent of the foreign students get the visa if you have the right money in your bank account. I am sure things will become clearer when I get their. Famous last words. I would be skeptical myself if they did nt get such good press and so many acclaimed artists had nt been their. But as you say this is Thailand.

chris.

junglesoup said:

I believe the educational institute is wanting you to obtain a non-immigrant Ed-A visa. A normal non-immigrant (B or Ed) visa will give you 90 days upon arrival whereas the Ed-A gives you a full year upon arrival without the need to obtain an extension of stay after 90 days. However, the full application process takes a lot longer than usual because all the documents have to be submitted in advance and approval sought for the issue of the visa.

For the normal non-immigrant Ed visa, the institute would need to send you a letter saying you will be studying at the institute. There is no need for you to send them your passport in advance. The letter is the only document you need to apply for the visa.

If the institute has their own regulations just make sure they know what they are doing so you don't waste a visa run for nothing.

Archived