Pood ja

Dexi

[color:"blue"] Seen this a few times now but not really sure of its meaning...tried looking " ja " up in the dic. but wasn`t in.Get the feeling their might be several underlying meanings...

[/color]

In the context as a verb and with "ja" the jor jarn alphabet, it means "speak or talk or speeach" as in "Khoa pood ja na rak"-he talks sweetly/nicely. "karn pood ja" means the talk or speech - (noun).

The word "pood" means talk,speak, "ja" comes from the full word "jae-ra-ja", but the word "pood ja" is a unique word on its own.

Jasmine

I'll put a different twist on the interpretation.

The title of the posting is "pood ja" but he goes on to seek the meaning of the word ja.

Perhaps he is meaning "speaking the word ja".

In which case it may be the word ja as in "pom ja bai talaat" Or I will go to the market. In which case the ja is the equivalent of " will/shall ". ?

O.H. one example is from an article in " Reuang Pooying " ( only 35 bt. comes out every 2 weeks and has a few good articles in )talking about the effect on survivors of the sunami - " bahg gor sohk sau took ra-tom gup sing tee soon see-a bpai bahg gor meua loy mai pood mai ja...".Also from another article a woman talking about her life said " peuan bork wah chan hah fairn yahk pror wah chan pood ja mai geng "...not sure if these two uses are the same but I think you got close to it....sorry,can`t write in Thai script using my computer,its so old it still uses valves...

[color:"blue"] O.H. one example is from an article in " Reuang Pooying " ( only 35 bt. comes out every 2 weeks and has a few good articles in )talking about the effect on survivors of the sunami - " bahg gor sohk sau took ra-tom gup sing tee soon see-a bpai bahg gor meua loy mai pood mai ja...".Also from another article a woman talking about her life said " peuan bork wah chan hah fairn yahk pror wah chan pood ja mai geng "...not sure if these two uses are the same but I think you got close to it....sorry,can`t write in Thai script using my computer,its so old it still uses valves...

[/color]

That confirms it, I am sure it means "talk/speech" as I posted before.

Jasmine ::

Archived