Midnight Over for Me

it is an interesting conundrum for a bar owner...

you would think that repeat business would be first and foremost in their minds... (even if the repeat business is short-lived, like a tourist who only comes for 1 or 2 weeks...) getting that tourist back in the bar several nights in a row, getting all of your old-hand regulars to stop by... easy enough concept.... one would think. Yet, they shoot themselves in the foot time and time again.

I have had my share of fun there in the distant past... with so many other options, I, too, may never return.

ahh, the sun is setting over Midnight... she is not long for this world at this rate.

it would be a nice lesson for the other speakeasy Landlords on cowboy: raising prices while removing nudity is a recipe for bankruptcy.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, with Cowboy prices approaching those in NEP that?s the last nail in the coffin for me. From now on I?ll be spending virtually all of my vacation time in Pattaya as the bars there still offer cheap beer, naked ladies and later closing hours. Who needs BKK anymore?

ST

From now on I?ll be spending virtually all of my vacation time in Pattaya as the bars there still offer cheap beer, naked ladies and later closing hours. Who needs BKK anymore?

I have never really liked Cowboy or Pattaya, both probably for the same reasons, never spent enough time in either for me to feel comfortable in and develop a few regular bars.

I will be back to Thailand in about 6 months (pre or post Xmas) - originally I spent all my time down in Samuii and then about 4/5 years ago it has been 99% Bangkok (Sukhumvit - sad, but true!) with a few trips to Pattaya.

I realised last trip that there is no longer much point to me spending time in Bangkok as most of the Bars (and Gals)I knew well have dissapeared from Asoke, Soi 10, Clinton and even from Nana - and although I appreciate that "late night" drinking is available in Bangkok (ie after midnight / 1am!!), the manner in which the NSO does these things is not something I am too happy about, as I don't really want to spend time and money getting to "know" new regular Bars (and Gals) and find that next trip I am down to 11pm :D

I feel that I don't really want to travel half way around the world for a long holiday of early nights (not every night anyway :D).

I was thinking about giving Pattaya another chance, probably will - but don't really hold out high hopes - but I travel in hope that I will find the "magic" of Pattaya. I like my drinking available 24/7 and served by cheap naked ladies. :D

This is not really a post - more of a moan :o

I guess I am not the "quality" Tourist TAT are after :D :D :D

Stopped into Rainbow IV, Nana tonight, probably 50 girls onstage, another 50 working the stools, waiting for their turn. Heiniken; B120, Barfine B600. The place was absolutly packed, servers couldn't bring it fast enough, girls parading out the door hand in hand with Mr. Jai dee.

Other cheaper, more user friendly Nana venues were listening to the echo's off their walls.

Maybe the new breed of owner has something; grab the short term bucks, and as many as possible, then sell to another buckaroo for 3 times the price paid. What is there for them to worry about?

coss said:

" in Pattaya as the bars there still offer cheap beer, naked ladies and later closing hours. Who needs BKK anymore? "

I second that.

Cheers

Coss

Most of the brethren on this august list have always poo-pooed Pattaya and refered to the big banana more like a "Step sister". All well and good as a lot of the charter members are residents of the Mango, and have every reason to be proud of their expat home.

I have never been a resident of Bkk. but enjoy the scene immensely. HOWEVER, since traveling to the LoS on business/pleasure since 1989, I sandwich (no pun;) my visits with 3-4 days on each end in Krung Thep and the remainder, usually 14 days, in Pattaya or visiting Chiang Mai or some such.

Although that has been a personal choice, current conditions have been rendering Bkk. more mai sanuk. Cleaner air, cheaper prices, more p4p pooying, better navigation around town, and ALWAYS more things to do in the day light have swayed some views of the indigenous falangs (and others) in the capitol. I reckon so.

Dude_Le_Rude said:

it is an interesting conundrum for a bar owner...

you would think that repeat business would be first and foremost in their minds... (even if the repeat business is short-lived, like a tourist who only comes for 1 or 2 weeks...) getting that tourist back in the bar several nights in a row, getting all of your old-hand regulars to stop by... easy enough concept.... one would think. Yet, they shoot themselves in the foot time and time again.

I have had my share of fun there in the distant past... with so many other options, I, too, may never return.

ahh, the sun is setting over Midnight... she is not long for this world at this rate.

it would be a nice lesson for the other speakeasy Landlords on cowboy: raising prices while removing nudity is a recipe for bankruptcy.

Would anyone know the nationality of the Midnight bar, in the Cowboy, of the owner(s?

I'll bet a bar fine their from India. Their used to treating women ( ie,employees( and clients, this way. Anyone willing to check this out?

:(

Shit

I have never really liked Cowboy or Pattaya, both probably for the same reasons, never spent enough time in either for me to feel comfortable in and develop a few regular bars.

Cowboy used to be OK, but looks like that?s becoming a thing of the past (like NEP). I also used to have mixed feelings about Pattaya. However, the place has much improved over the last year or two with better bars, and IMO better looking girls than found in the BKK gogo?s. It used to be the other way around. Pattaya is definitely a better value these days and I?ll take a naked gogo girl any day over one in a bikini. :grinyes:

ST

call me a traditionalist, but I have always prefered seeing the girls in the bikinis with thongs, first, then, while they are onstage, first take off their top, then, after another song, take off the bottom... something about that... just makes it a little more exciting... the anticipation, the wait, the desire growing... a reason why the art is called a stripTEASE! :)

Peace!

Archived