Terrorist attacks in London

Guest baldrick

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a bad day for London & a tragic day for many families, but its been planned for and rehearsed many times over.. there is great relief that this is not the 'worse case scenario', emergency services have it well in hand and have done a great service.

JP

My most sincerest condolences and prayers to all Britons, Londoners and specifically to the famililes directly affected by the tragic events.

I can safely say that all Americans are in full support to you all and there truly is a special bond between the nations.

As some of you know I follow an English soccer team that is based in London so its a bit more personal to me than it probably be to most Americans. I have friends, family and fellow fans in London and in other parts of England.

God bless and well wishes that you all stay strong in the face of this act.

Likewise, here, I hope no one of our good friends from the board have been directly affected.

About the french whatever, my Mom who does not speak a word of english, is the one who broke the news to me this morning, and you know what guys, she was so distraught she might as well be english. She also knew I had english friends, people she will never meet, just like she will never go to London.

Just food for thought for those who rejoice when France stumbles.

A tragic event. My heartfelt condolances to all who have been affected.

There is little doubt that we are in a cultural war. The major difference is that this war consists of theocratic beliefs as opposed to idealogical beliefs. Idealogy tends to be less durable than theocracy. Thus over time differing sides can come to an arrangement that allows both sides to claim victory or to at least live in peace. The same cannot be said for certain theocratic systems. It is all or none, and this leads to protracted conflict. Until theocracy is put in its proper place behind logic, free will, and decency, we will continue to suffer the consequences. It is incumbent upon the world as a whole to rein in theocracy, while still allowing individuals the right to practice their particular superstitions.

It is tall order and will take much effort and time but it can be done.

vegasdave49 said:

It is incumbent upon the world as a whole to rein in theocracy, while still allowing individuals the right to practice their particular superstitions.

It is tall order and will take much effort and time but it can be done.

How can you fight pure hatred, hatred that is taught at a very early age, without sacrificing the whole with indiscriminate genocide? My thought has always been that you do not have the right to share this earth as long as you want innocents with a different point of view killed.

But does that make me as bad as the terrorists?

I know these events will and have triggered a political discussion. All I can say is that no matter how noble anyone thinks a cause is, no sane person can justify the targeting of innocent lives. Whether those lives are in London, NYC, Baghdad or Bangkok.

I would also suggest to Britons and any other peoples that if you elect to change policies do so because you want to, not because you are forced to.

Last, I think its forums such as these that will enable everyone to live peacefully. From personal experience I think that you stand a better chance of peacefully living with people different than yourself when you interact more with them and find that there are infinitely more similarities than differences and the most of the differences are regarded as more interesting than wrong.

Archived