50% of gogo girls HIV?

junglesoup

I was just browsing the internet tonight about thailand and I saw a link to bangkok sex guide. So I went into it and was reading a part on the worldsexguide.org site which stated that the "statistics show that 50% of gogo girls have aids"

Seems like a figure they ve just plucked from mid air. Surely not that many have it I thought it was likely to be a bout 5-7% judging by the corroberration of information I read before.

Surely if it was 50%, all the farangs would go as in the numbers they do even with a condom.

I know I would nt go near the scence if these numbers were accurate,even with 100%condom use all of the time.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As far as I know there are no scientific data about the rate of Thai prostitutes with HIV available.

But here are the general data from UNAIDS

Country HIV and AIDS estimates, end 2003

HIV prevalence rate in Thailand

Adult (15-49) <1.5%

Adults (15-49) living with HIV: 560 000

Women (15-49) living with HIV: 200 000

AIDS deaths (adults and children) in 2003: 58 000

For comparison:

Cambodia

Adult (15-49) HIV prevalence rate: 2.6%

South Africa

Adult (15-49) HIV prevalence rate: 21.5%

In general Thailand is nowadays seen as a positive example how to fight HIV. In contrary to other countries especially in Africa Thailand faught and fights the spread of HIV actively:

"Thailand has demonstrated the success possible in addressing HIV and AIDS when a well-resourced and politically-supported response to the AIDS epidemic is coupled with a broad partnership of public, private and civil society actors using innovative and practical interventions to address HIV risks and vulnerabilities."

But of course 58.000 Aids deaths means that 58.000 people previously filled hospitals, Aids hospizes or just suffered at home until their death. It is still a huge number.

Anyway, we all know that Prostitutes and punter alike belong to the high risk group and IMHO it is absolutely fruitless to discuss the numbers. Even if it's only 1 in 100 you might fuck this girl by chance... :: Just use a condom and you will save - but not from all STDs like warts, as you know.

Well, figure if they tested 2 prostitues, and one had aids, then yes 50% have it...the way these half assed studies work. Keep in mind, the people doing these studies have their agenda, getiing funding, keeping people from haveing sex...etc...sadder yet is that some people believe these stats as gospel...

OH,

even this numbers might not be completely correct - what is almost probable for developing countries -, but IMHO they can give a hint about the situation a country is in and in which direction a country is moving. Personally I would not go to South Africa to play with prostitutes. But as I said this statistics do not apply for individuals, you always can catch HIV, even in Germany with a rate of 0,1%.

researcher (UN representative Sophie Wilson Smythe from Cambridge) :

"Excuse me young lady you are obviously a sex worker. would you please be able to give an indication as to the prevalence of HIV amoungst your industry peers?"

Sample sex worker (noi from burriam):

"Haa sip Haa sip"

@jack_schist

#researcher (UN representative Sophie Wilson Smythe from Cambridge) :

"Excuse me young lady you are obviously a sex worker. would you please be able to give an indication as to the prevalence of HIV amoungst your industry peers?"

Sample sex worker (noi from burriam):

"Haa sip Haa sip" #

Excellent and so true

Hi,

there're some intelligent guesses that the HIV-rate for prostitures is 5 %. That number includes however barber shop girls and freelancers, some of these girls were kicked out from bars because of HIV+.

So if you know the bar owner, what policy for STD-testing the bar has and finally checking her face for herpes you're in a much better position.

elef

Whatever their agenda, i like mine better, and it's in steel: take no chance and stay covered!

A lot more guys than we think are simply not paying any credit to the possibility of getting HIV, not only thru unportected vaginal sex, but anal too. On the other hand, it may have happened, but I can't recall having been with a chick who did not make sure i had a condom or i would put the one she had in her bag. Pattaya city personal stats....

OK - I think the 50% figure is crap, but lets ask this question,

You have a room full of 10 stunners, you can have sex with any of them for FREE, as long as it's condomless!

BUT

The doorman tells you that 1 of the 10 girls there definately has HIV.

Do you still accept the offer of free sex with a stunner?

DOG

Archived