50% of gogo girls HIV?

junglesoup

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"my first girlfriend in Thailand was apparently HIV+ the whole time I was with her (having unprotected sex, too), since about one year after we broke up she came down with AIDS."

:yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes:

It does show it's not necessarily that easy to get. A person's a lot more infectious when the virus is newly acquired and in the latter stages. Then there's the other side of the equation.

No idea of gogo girl HIV rates but doubt it's anywhere near 50%. 10% tops is my guess, nearer to 5%.

No idea of gogo girl HIV rates but doubt it's anywhere near 50%. 10% tops is my guess, nearer to 5%.

Which, to my way of thinking, is kind of high considering bars are supposed to test their girls and not let girls work who are HIV+.

So, based on those statistics, that's 1 in every 20 girls you sleep with POTENTIALLY has HIV. Even though the risks are low, its still quite a sobering stat.

One girl I know does the HIV tests for her younger sister who works in Dollhouse. Apparantly the sister has been pretty wild and scared to take the test herself thinking it is better to hope for the best than knowing some ugly truth. Don't know if they have to show some ID at all as they look very different. I would never trust a health certificate from a bar.

Paillote

I understand people being scared and "not wanting to know and hope for the best", but surely it would be better to be in the situation of knowing about it early, and then being able to do something about it and take care of yourself BEFORE getting sick and its too late.

Drugs are that good these days, its not a death sentence anymore. (Providing people have access to drugs of course).

One girl I know does the HIV tests for her younger sister who works in Dollhouse. Apparantly the sister has been pretty wild and scared to take the test herself thinking it is better to hope for the best than knowing some ugly truth.

Can't comment on the DH, but this story rings a bell. I have a friend in SoCal whose new Thai fiancee has some pretty widespread cancer that may not have been a big deal if treated earlier. The reason she didn't go see a doctor sooner? Her live-in mom advised her against it because she didn't want to hear any bad news.

for anyone who does not want a face to face with a doctor, but would still like to be tested: head on over to Bangkok CHristian Hospital on SIlom right near patpong.

They give you the results in a sealed envelope and you can open them at your leisure....if there is anything such as leisiure after the spate of hiv postings going on.

The only 100% methodology is to abstain, that is to move back to america where you are surrounded by 'massive, monstorous women'.

Archived