50% of gogo girls HIV?

junglesoup

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh yeah, always cover up! just saying the risk seems greatly exagerated...So many opposing agendas...the moralists who say no funding, stop fucking, stop being gay, scientists who want funding...gays who make it a political agenda...(of course what benifits them ultimately benifits us!) All political parties make it an issue...so well...just hope there is a vaccine soon...same with Hep C herpes and other STDs...

Just some facts. I am aware of no bar in Nana Plaza that tests for HIV. Some say they do but don't. Several bars do have a team that comes around every few months and takes blood from volunteers. The volunteers are given a number to call and a code number to use to get test results.

The only solid information I have is that I have been around for about 8 years and know quite a few of the workers in the Plaza. I only know of about 8 - 10 that have died of Aids. Two of them were from needles. I also know of a couple that are HIV positive now. Both probably infected from prior relationships.

Yes, I know they go home if the show symptoms but I am fairly plugged into the information mill.

About a year ago I went to a clinic, clost to Nana, with a friend for a bloood check. I was talking to the doctor about this question. He showed me his log book. Just guessing at the numbers here as he was scanning me through the in and outs. But, I would guess that out of maybe 250 -500 names only three had come out positive.

Clearly this is not accurate statistically as I have no idea who got tested and why. But, it did surprise me.

Thanks for the facts. I am not surprised that based upon your experience apparently very few of the NEP girls are HIV infected. However, I am quite shocked about the lack of HIV testing. This part is very disturbing. Guess it would be pretty much the same story among the Cowboy and Patpong bars huh?

ST

I'm not at all surprised by it really. Figure you're a BG and you test positive, what would you do? you need money for treatment, family etc, until the day comes and you just go off to die. That most likely means continuing to work in the bar, or on the street. A lot of girls I know do checkvoluntarily, many more don't. The idea being why worry about it, if it happens it happens, and knowing won't change much...

"... But, it did surprise me..."-Top Cat

Howdid it surprise you? that it wasn't higher? lower? Also, I believe you are/were a bar owner, why didn't you have your girls get tested for HIV? did you have mandatory checks for other STDs? Who paid? My understanding is the girls usually pay this themselves...

Josh,

Maybe you or someone else here has stats, but aren't commercial sex workers more likely to use condoms/be exposed to condoms and "safer sex" than non commercial sex workers? I have read this, but know of no studies to suggest it is true... any known studies of condom usage/STD/HIV transmission rates of Pros Vs. Non pros?

Hi OH,

as long as we customers don't ask for testings - and pay for it in the end - we will not get it. As long as we're thinking with the cock instead of the brain we don't care. The chance is so small - the risk for getting HIV from a HIV+ girl is maybe 1:1000. If you're unlucky you can get it the first time - if you're lucky you can fuck around without condom all your life without getting it.

elef

Anyway, I have heard mention of bar ledgers, but this is the only one I?ve ever examined or even seen. Was wondering how common this type of detailed ledger is among bar owners and is it required by law?

I've always believed the monthly testing was an urban myth. Somethng made up by the punters/bargirls/mamasans/owners to make us feel a bit better.

How can it be legally compulsory when prostitution is illegal in LOS?

I've heard the rumours too, and treat them as such. Also stories of the girls simply paying 100B or whatever to get the stamp, in any case, not a reliable way to see if the girl is "clean" - especially as HIV and some others take up to 3 months to show up on any tests. Even the real ones.

Archived