50% of gogo girls HIV?

junglesoup

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't realize just how many years ago it was (mid 80's it turns out) but I recalled during the early stages of the Aids epidemic Thailand making world headlines for a new policy: not allowing anyone in the country who had Aids. If I recall correctly, they were condemned by the world press at the time.

In trying to find a reference to this I found this historical chronicle of Aids policy in Thailand which does mention how they changed that policy, which appears to be right after the coup d'etat in '91.

Here's the link: HIV/AIDS Policy Lessons: Learning from Thailand

That Ministerial Regulation is dated February 20th, 2535 (1992). It's since long time ago that HIV+ people are allowed to enter to the kingdom. During the last AIDS conference at Bangkok lo of HIV+ people entered to the kingdom to assist to some of the public conferences.

Today only countries like US, Russia, China and the Arab countries ban HIV+.

There are even some EU countries that provide free treatment to HIV+, even if foreigners, through the Social Security. Thumbs up for those countries.

Pom Michael said:

"had sex, probably with a katoey. Woke up and felt something wasn't right, a hunch feeling"

Would like to see what will come out of this statement..... ::

Hi Gummi,

See your point. Fact is, he's still dead. Bless him.

"...Today only countries like US, Russia, China and the Arab countries ban HIV+...."

NOT SO FAST! Quite a few HIV+ and AIDS+ Haitians and Cubans who have floated over in innertubes and make shift boats/rafts, have been admitted. This is a point that is very unsettling to a lot of people, for various reasons...

I heard that even you are a perm resident of Singapore, if they find out you are HIV positive, you have two weeks to leave. Anyone know if that is true?

Archived