Writing contest

khunsanuk

All,

I also thought it would be great to have three well known published authors of Thai-centric books one day judge the contest. I thought maybe Stephen Leather, Dean Barrett, and Chris Moore would maybe do this one time for us if they were all in Bangkok and could schedule to be there an hour or so, and maybe do a book signing and sale of their own stuff at the same time after the judging and readings of the winners stories. That would be a blast and an interesting contest and evening I would think.

Just a thought/wild idea.

Cent

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ND,

Dog, my friend, what are you hinting at? :: You can't be a judge mate, you're a contestant aren't you? I do hope you'll be sending in a story yourself to enter into the contest! I know you have many stories you could write up. I hope to see and read one for the contest.

BTW, I am entering the contest as well, just to take up CW's challenge and win a free copy of his book! (BTW, the guy forgot to personally sign the copies of his books!) So if we bug him enough maybe he'll sign the copies for anyone who wins one. I want a signed copy myself (if I win of course). :up: Otherwise I'll buy a copy, if he signs it! :D

Cent

khunsanuk said:

Hi,

Interesting idea, but I am not sure if it is worth the effort. During the AGM we had a live broadcast and I think less than 10 people watched.

Sanuk!

What prompted my reply was my memory of the one of the past writing contest prize payout. That contest, if I remember, the winner(s) had to readout, in person in order to collect. I thought that since the big advances in webcasting since then that the readings could be held in a web-friendly enviroment. One less reason to not readout your entry.

Shit.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Seeing that I have only received 3 entries so far, I guess I'll have to postpone the deadline by a week or so. 3 entries most certainly is not enough to have a contest.

We had almost 20 the last time we did this, where have all the writers gone?

Sanuk!

Archived