New GoGo ranking system live

khunsanuk

Hi,

Just put the improved GoGo ranking system live.

The plan is to add some statistics (i.e. Top 3 bars in Patpong, average barfine in NEP, etc) to the board, but seeing that I have some other work (for which I am getting paid :) ) to do first I cannot guarantee those will be added this weekend. I'll try though.

Anyway, like I said, system is live. Please check it out and enter your data as you guys will determine 100% if this system is to become useful or just another still-born feature.

The system can be found by clicking on the Nightlife tab and hten selecting the Rankings option from the submenu, or you can go directly here : http://board.nanaplaza.com/info/entertain/gogo_ranking.php

Instructions are on the left and if you have any questions feel free to ask them here. I think it should be fairly self-explanatory though.

Sanuk!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just tried it. It works pretty well.

The ranking is subjective, of course, but I expect that if you get enough people voting you will start to see significant differences in scores among bars just as you significant differences in the amount customers each bar has.

The one thing I realized is that I am not exactly sure what each bar is charging for drinks. I know some bars are Baht 110, while others are Baht 125. A few years back the gap was as wide as Baht 85 in some bars while others were charging Baht 125, but now that the gap has narrowed, it is harder to remember.

I also think some of the bar names may be wrong. I am pretty sure Bottoms up is now called Pretty Lady, which raises another issue: the bar fine for girls from the beer bar in front of Pretty Lady is only Baht 500 (at least it was last night at around 12:30 a.m.) while I believe it is Baht 600 in the bar and I believe both places go by the same name (or if they have different names, I have never noticed). I have no suggestions on how to fix this, without asking for more details which I don't think most of us could provide. Overall, an excellent addition to the site!

Hey- I get stopped/stumped after reaching this point:

Home > Nightlife > Ranking systems

GoGo Ranking

The GoGo Ranking system allows you to see which GoGo bars are the best according to our members. And of course you can add your vote as well.

Select City/Area:

Select timeframe:

Display only bars with at least votes.

All

Score : Overall score for the bar (1 - bad : 10 - good)

Barfine : Amount paid for a barfine, in Baht

Non-alc : Amount paid for a non-alcoholic drink, in Baht

Beer : Amount paid for a beer, in Baht

Spirit : Amount paid for spirits, in Baht

Toilet : Specific score for the toilet (1 - bad : 10 - good)

Bar Score Barfine Non-alc Beer Spirit Ladydrink

Hi,

"but I expect that if you get enough people voting you will start to see significant differences in scores among bars"

Yes, I agree completely, which is why I mentioned that it will only be useful if it is used by a lot of people; the more votes, the more accurate the ranking.

As for barfines, there will always be such issues as often times the barfine for a showgirl would be higher than that for a normal dancer, dek serve may again be different. My suggestion is to just enter what you paid. If the average comes to 512 Baht then people should be able to realize that most barfines are 500 Baht, but it can be higher for certain occassions or girls.

We could at some point also display a range rather than an average, so 500-600 Baht (i.e. 500 is lowest entered, 600 highest entered).

Khun_Kong, could you try forcing a refresh on the page (CTRL-F5) as you may have a cached version?

Sanuk!

As for barfines, there will always be such issues as often times the barfine for a showgirl would be higher than that for a normal dancer, dek serve may again be different. My suggestion is to just enter what you paid.
That makes sense. Then of course there is the memory problem (e.g., how much did I pay for my third of many more beers at Rainbow 4 last night?) for which I don't think there is a computer fix :) But as you say, if enough people post, those problems should correct themselves and we will get a better picture of prices and preferences.

Hi,

It's been almost 2 weeks since I got the GoGo ranking up and running and so far we have received 500+ votes. 112 GoGos have a rating now, some by as many as 14 different people. There are still 37 bars that do not have any votes though, and loads of them for which there are no prices added yet.

Looking at the amount of votes per area it seems that Soi Cowboy is by far the most favorite area at the moment. When checking the highest ranking bars with at least 5 votes, there are 5 SC bars in the Top 10, 3 Walking Street ones and only 2 NEP bars. The first 2 bars (Peppermint Palace and Diamond) are both on Walking Street though.

Anyway, the ranking system seems to work quite nicely and if we can keep up this kind of participation or even increase it :) (and remember you can vote every month for a bar!), then I think it might become quite useful.

Unfortunately I have not yet figured out how to display the data on the board, but I am still working on it.

Sanuk!

I would like to over time freshen my rankings as well as fill in additional info and rate additional bars. But the only way to do this appears to be to start from scratch and that's not desirable. Instead of starting from a clean slate each time, isn't there a way to have it come up with all the info filled in last time as a base? Otherwise, we could be talking about re-entering 100's of things. If it started with existing rankings & data as a base, people could vote as many times as they want and keep their info up to date very easily. I just don't like having to throw out all my prior work; it is kind of a deterrent of using it a second time or maybe I am just missing something.

Archived