TG and money!

Thai girls seem to have great difficulty with money! Several issues of late with my Gf have caused me many sleepless nights over her clueless attitude toward money. I can not fathom her attitude of her shreding her savings of recent!

The thought: I have this money that I've saved for over a year and a half...I just got layed off...I think it's a good idea to spend all my savings...some 15,000 baht a week! My boyfriend will help me...right after I devour my savings!

I've tried to keep away from finacially taking care of my GF apart from gifts and some other things... I feel it can hurt a relationship more then help and is a bit to controlling for my taste! I wonder if this isn't the snow-ball effect that leads alot of good girls into the bar. Lets blow everything away on stupid shit and have nothing then...oh, shit what can i do now? Have to work bar...can not get job...something like that!

I simply believe my GF wants me to take care of her and seems to be reckless with spending because I've told her I would help her out now that she is without work...but damn!

SkiBum

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I simply believe my GF wants me to take care of her and seems to be reckless with spending because I've told her I would help her out

You've hit the nail on the head there buddy... Mine drops a few hints every year or so, my advice: nip it in the bud early, else she'll always see you as the new source of ready cash..

Do I have THE exception then?

I give her the monthly budget for ONE year at a time (I don't want to be called kee niauw, I need the money for my retirement visa anyway). Whatever she saves will go first to a car (next month) and then to building a house (long way off). If she spends it all, no house.....Every 3 months we have the occasional sending of some 3k to her parents after receiving a begging phone call, which she reluctantely withdraws from her bank account.

She saves very well, but sometimes the buying bacteria hit her for a day, buying clothes and handbags, not too bad all in all.

Thai girls working in the P4P scene do not know how much money they have earned or spent in the month. Honestly, I know as their boss.

They think that whatever they have and spend will be replaced tomorrow with income from another customer etc. It is almost as if they can look after the Bt5s and Bt10s but they cannot handle the Bt1000s.

I know from personal experience that even trying to get my now ex girlfriend to budget over a month was impossible, even after over a year of trying to get her to understand.

Theory...well in theory that might be the ticket but I bet most in application suck at it too! A Shopping spree is what most women have wet dreams over...can I get an amen!

SkiBum

I've been through that both with partners, prospective partners and with some of the girls who work for me.

I had one say she needed Bt13k per month. So we went through and found that she likely spent Bt2-3k on phone cards, sent Bt3k home, paid Bt1.5k rent, needed Bt2.5k for beauty shit, Bt2-3k for clothes and Bt3-4k for food and other bits and bobs. Thus without going out and spending any money, she needed way over her estimate of Bt13k. More likely she spent Bt20k plus.

Archived