tavel advice

I am 23 liveing in baltimore currently and planning a vacation within the next year to bangkok.can some one give me advice on cheeap travel, street smarts? and well the women how mutch it should cost for about 2 weeks of none stop fun ( women) any and all advice welcome.

Second that motion. Read through the threads on Nightlife, Accommodations, Relationships, etc. to get a general feel, then do a search for more info on any places/suggestions that strike your fancy.

But broadly speaking, taveling successfully takes a lot less research that traveling successfuly, although it isn't nearly as rewarding.

Redaing this board is a good idea.

Or you could do what I did many years ago and just get a Ticket to Bangkok airport and plan to take it from there (I was actually enroute to New Zealand) No Lonely Planet either.

I only "knew" of two places in Bangkok - Patpong and Khaosan (sp?) Road, but fortunately I met a bloke on the plane who gave me a business card for a Hotel on Soi 11, Sukhumvit (been staying their ever since!), still took me a day to "find" Nana Plaza.

Took me 5 years to make it to Khaosan for a day trip - kinda lucked out in avoiding the place first trip (I was 28 at the time).

Never read the Internet for the first few years of my trips to Thailand, which lasted 6 months a time -and when I start with the internet I never found any great revelations I had not discovered myself.

IMHO extensive research is not compulsory as long as you have half a noodle :D........... and realise it's not Kansas. :D :D :D

Archived