Bangkok vs. Pattaya

Pat_from_Jersey

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PFNJ arrives on 12/28/05 at 12:45 pm! I am charged, baby. Everyday I get more excited. I'm definitely headed to Gulliver's to check everyone out (and suck up whatever last-minute advice I can get). My only remaining dilemna (as I see it) is where to spend New Year's Eve. I will be at the Nana hotel on that night, but I have yet to hear of any wild goings on being scheduled. However, I hear Pattaya is rocking that night (but I won't get there until the day after).

So, anyone have experience on N.Y.E in BKK? Where's the party?

Pat,

Don't think too mut.

It will be "party central" where ever you are in BKK.

If you arrive 12/28 (28/12 Oz speak) my money is on the fact that NYE will come and go and you will have been so distracted, that you won't have even noticed.

Personally, I'd opt for Cowboy...but I'm biased.

Mate, if my sums are correct NYE will be your fourth night in Bkk, so by then you'll be an old hand. Just "go with the flow".

You'll...never walk alone....in the Big Mango.....so, stop worryin' and enjoy.

Chock dee Dumsoda

:beer::grinyes::clown::elephant::chili::clown::grinyes::beer:

71 :neener::grinyes: :grinyes: :neener:

Will PM you when I get our "mud map" fully sorted and know where we'll be. Aiming for "Gullable's" meeting on 30th, but not 100% sure yet. At any rate will either be in BKK or Pattaya at similar times to you, so catching up for a beer is not out of the question :chili::elephant:

Chock dee Dumsoda :devil::beer::grinyes: :grinyes: :beer::devil:

Let's do it baby! I'm primed and ready to go!! :yay: Bring it on!! :elephant::chili: I have ordered detailed maps of BKk and Pattaya and, of course, learned a great deal from these boards. My "plans" are not set in stone, I'm flexible...I have some ideas, sure... :D But I would love to hear yours' as well.. I am in the Big Mango from 12/28/05 through 01/14/06. definitely meet for a beer!

cagedsoidog said:

Gay people are great people. Straight people are great people.

With all those meeting you, I would use some understanding as to whom you are going to meet with.

Alai na?????????????

Not quite sure as to the direction of the underlying innuendo in this post and really don't care, but it does warrant a quick rebuff.

From a personal perspective, I make my assessments of posters from what they say...and how they say it..

During my last 2 visits in July, I made contact with and met several members of this board in Bkk. Good guys, all of them and we shared a laugh over beers and a bite to eat, then visited a few of the go-go's to see what was a go-go going on...

Good fun and good to meet up with guys with similar interests. Even better "hitting the town" in a group and being molested en masse by a flock of hungry chrome pole huggers...555555 ...YMMV

I have also made tentative arrangements to meet some other guys on my upcoming December/January trip.

Having said that, there are also posters that I have no desire to meet. My choice, my free time is limited and I like to spend it enjoying myself.

Chock dee Dumsoda :beer: :beer:

cagedsoidog said:

Gay people are great people. Straight people are great people.

With all those meeting you, I would use some understanding as to whom you are going to meet with.

personally, I am not gay and I really never understood how someone can be gay. However, I have no animosity towards gays and welcome all friendly, kind people into my social cirlce. :D

Those who are, however, intolerant, ignorant and quick-to-judge are not the kind of people I choose to associate with. Please stay clear. Are you one of these? :dunno:

Not to get too far off topic here. When we travel to Thailand, we go for the gals. That should set my record straight.

I judge all by, as Martin Luther King stated, by the "content of their character". Period.

But, viewing the posts of some traveling first time to LOS, reminds me of my first trip decades ago. Long before internet. We just showed up. Never even heard of NanaPlaza. Although we may have had a tour book possibly.

We stumbled into the basement English Pub type restaurant in the Landmark Hotel. Met three Brits - and they kind of filled us in as to where to go and what to pay. This was lunch time.

One of the Brits advised us that he would show us Pat Pong that evening if we desired. Since these were all friendly guys, we said OK and did meet up with one. He was a wealth of information. But the third bar he took us to was all Katoys - I mean all. And he seemed to know each by their first names. Now, there is nothing wrong with this.

But myself and the other I traveled with just felt uncomfortable at this bar. We thanked the Brit and moved on.

Is there a moral to this story. I have no idea. Am I making rash judgements? I don't know.

I certainly don't want to offend anyone on this board or off this board.

Archived