Bangkok vs. Pattaya

Pat_from_Jersey

Have done alot of reading on both issues and can't decide which place would be better to make my camp. I have 10 nights to divide. I understand things may be a little less expensive in Pattaya, but that BKK may have a better night life and girl choices? So.... 7 nights in BKK and 3 in Pattaya OR....7 nights in Pattaya and 3 in BKK? What would YOU do?

So far I have booked the NANA for the entire 10 nights with a 2-day stay in Pattaya at Sawadee Sea View Wing B Hotel (Soi 10, 2nd road). Anyone ever stay here before? Is this a good location? Other choice in Pattaya is Honey Lodge for 700 baht per night for 10 nights. shit.. I don't know where to stay!! Will I have more fun in Pattaya or BKK? (: thanks. -Pat

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's an impossible question to answer because it depends on what kind of activities you find most enjoyable. If you're into heavy partying and beach-type activities, then Pattaya is your place.If you want a wider range of activities beyond P4P, including vsiting temples and other cultural sites, then Bangkok is better. But just because you've booked a hotel it doesn't mean you have to stay there. Take a few days in BKK, then head to Pattaya. If you've had enough of Pattaya after a couple of days, go back to BKK, otherwise stay. It's no problem to find a hotel room in BKK any time of the year once you're on the ground.

But whatever you do, don't miss a visit to the Eden Club in BKK. It is an unforgettable experience that can't be had virtually anywhere else in the world.

Hi Pat,

no more girls and bars in Pattaya. One estimate says 4000 bars and 40,000 bargirls in Pattaya.

Still as a newbie you must see Bangkok first. So my advice is that you stay 3 nights in Nana and spend one night each in NEP, Soi Cowboy and Patpong. You will also have time to see Beergarden in Soi 7 and the Nana parking place.

After that move to Pattaya - even if my favourite district is around Sois 2/3 I recommend you to stay in a hotel near Walking Street. You can get a not so bad hotel from 500 baht and up.

Barfines in Bangkok are around 500, ST hardly exist but is at least 1000 baht and LT 2000 baht and up.

In Pattaya 300, 500 and 1000!

elef

I"m not going to lie...I"m going to LOS for the cheap sex and I like to sit in bars and get drunk rather than sightsee. So, I guess I will take a taxi directly from Airport to Pattaya and check in for the 7 nights before going to BKK for remaining 3 nights. I definitetly want to go to Poseidon and Patpong. How much does it cost to get from Airport to pattaya. I will be arrving at around 1 am on 12/27/05. Will the taxi know how to get to my hotel in Pattaya?

Pat from Jersey (is that the US state?)

I agree with elef's time frame. Entertainment is your major reason to visit LoS, but a bit of tourist should be added in. Find an amenable companion and have her show you sites like The Grand Palace and The Golden Buddha. Also, much more to do during the day in Pattaya. Like elef, I prefer staying in north Pattaya (Sabai Inn), but for a newbie south Pattaya probably better to "experience the scene." I would suggest The Penthouse in Soi Pattayaland 2.

elef>> "Barfines in Bangkok are around 500, ST hardly exist but is at least 1000 baht and LT 2000 baht and up.

In Pattaya 300, 500 and 1000!"

The above bf, st, lt rates for Pattaya reflect the beer bars. GoGo tariffs are higher.

Have fun out there. I reckon so.

Taxi 800-900 + tollroads around 150 baht

Thai Airways limo 2,900, same limo without percent to the airline 2,000

Taxi drivers always find their way - they stop beside a motorbike taxi and ask. Limo drivers - many times I had to explain where to drive. You can also ask the hotel to pick you up in airport - 1700 - 2000 + tollroads sometimes

Still I think you should start with Bangkok, some sightseeing - Royal Palace and Emerald Buddha, a boat trip and some more. You can buy a guided tour in most hotels.

Will I have more fun in Pattaya or BKK?

------------------------------------------------

You need to experience BKK, it's one of the great places in the world (Patpong, sure, check it out, but it's hardly what it's used to be, more a showcase now, esp. if newbie), but I am ready to bet you will come back with Pattaya as the city that delivered the greatest fun.

IMO, in BKK, you go to it (nightlife places), in Pattaya, there is no going, you are IN it! People may be exhilirated by the farang nightlife in BKK, but it's a ghetto, you know when you are in and when you are out. there is this place and that one there, sort of, within a perimeter. Not so in Pattaya. the feeling of being in the bowel of the beast at all times is unmistakable, for a punter.

I believe some prefer BKK for that very reason. too much! But it's only according to what is on your mind. you can switch on or switch out. Though I do not expect you to do the last on this trip.

I agree with those who say, do some sight-seeing, even sex vacations need a great background curtain, beyond a bar stool and the 4 walls of a hotel room. All the sights, the smells, the day life, as bustling as it is, will add up to the sensuality of the asian experience.

Pat_from_Jersey said:

I"m not going to lie...I"m going to LOS for the cheap sex and I like to sit in bars and get drunk rather than sightsee. So, I guess I will take a taxi directly from Airport to Pattaya and check in for the 7 nights before going to BKK for remaining 3 nights. I definitetly want to go to Poseidon and Patpong. How much does it cost to get from Airport to pattaya. I will be arrving at around 1 am on 12/27/05. Will the taxi know how to get to my hotel in Pattaya?

It's cool if all you want to do is booze it up and whore around, but I think you'd be doing yourself and the country an injustice by not experiencing some culture outside of the bar scene.

In Pattaya check out the "AA HOTEL", right at the corner of beach road and Soi 13. Although the decor is a bit tired, it is directly across the street from the beach (Ask for a room on the right side as you face the water) has a great pool overlooking the beach and a guest friendly attitude. B750 p/n

Its' location puts it midway between Walking St. and the Soi. 7 & 8 beer bar areas.

Archived