Random Foreigners Being attacked by gangs

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i was walking around klong toey market on a sunday afternoon ,when i was struck on the side of the head. i was stunned for a few seconds ,and saw this girl walking away who i think had somehow hit me for some reason.

I still dont know exactly what happened, possibly we banged our heads together but she was a lot smaller than me.

I cant figure out what occured .

nothing lost just a big bruise

Quote: "Otherwise BKKtraveller, I would have felt more comfortable to read a few more posts from you before."

Personally, I would rather read the articles then post but reading the jist of this thread, I felt compelled to post.

Quote: " Could u please give more details about your regretable incident?? It seems you posted it in two different threads with contradictory details."

Not contradictory. One bike coasted to a stop in front of me and one other bike coasted behind me to a stop. Both bikes had two men. They arrived slowly and got of there bikes slowly. I did not think anything was wrong. They were very close to me. Suddently they drew their machettes and demanded for me to turn over all I have. I struck back by throwing boiling hot coffee in the first person's face and then I finished the rest of the cup of cofffee into the second person's face. The second person was the one with the brownish red machette. After this diversion, I turned and ran. On my second or forth step, I went down hard. I fractured 3 bones in my foot and seperated my shoulder. The funny part was the injuries I sustained were self inflicting. If I hadn't went down, the second man' machette would have cut me in my right side as he swung it at me. However, being I was down, the blade went over my body.

Quote: "Why did you suffer injuries after you gave the bikers all you had?"

I never said that.

Quote: "and how did you get to know the guy was HIV when not even staying in the same room."

If you go to the Police Hospital, the room they take serious patients into is one big room with curtains that can be used to seperate patients. When I arrived I was put on the right side of the room near the area where the nurses sit. When the American came in, he was put in the back of the room on the right side. He was on the same side of the room as me. I watched them work on him. After a while, they pulled the curtain seperating us.

Later they moved him to the left side of the room, across from me. Some times they pulled the curtain between us, and sometimes they didn't. When the doctor approached him and told him he was HIV, the curtain was not pulled.

I am just telling it how I saw it. There is no real reason to tear apart what I have said.

The reason I made any comments was this thread seemed to indicate that Thailand is the same as it has been and all indicators I have seen, it is getting worse.

It's human nature, I guess (but i guess i'm not human because I know better) to conclude that the crime rate has gone up because this happened to you, or because you "heard" about alot of incidents lately. But the truth is, this says nothing at all about whether the overall crime rate has gone up, down, or remained the same over time. The only thing that has changed is the the "rate at which YOU are aware of or experienced crimes".

What time on soi11 was this? Were there other people around watching? Were they all Thais?

p.s. Did you fling the coffee in one sweeping motion and hit the two guys with it? Thats about the only way I can see it working. Your description suggests you threw half at one guy, then half at another, which doesn't seem possible because you can't just empty half a cup like that and have any left over in the cup.

Well the most important question is should a farang in thailand arm himself? I realize that it would never occur to alot of farang to arm themselves but i come from the USA and you know how we are over here :scared: If the place is half as dangerous as you guys say then i would certainly take precautions if i'm out and about. Getting hacked to death while unarmed is the equivalent of dying like a dog. And hot coffee will not always be handy nor is it very accurate weapon.

BKK Traveler: Nicely done BTW, your heart must have been pounding. Your story reminded me of an incident in PTY even more frightening than yours.

Was in PTY. At 4am i suddenly realize i had one too many and quickly exit the bar alone and head back for the hotel. Was travelling in the baht taxi on Second rd and I overshot Soi 13. I always do that when i'm drunk even though mike's is a big landmark. So i got off around soi 8 and started walking back toward soi 13.

Walking on a dimly lit Second road and it was like a ghost town. Not a single car driving by. The road looks huge when there is no traffic on it. Two motos traveling in the opposite direction coming toward me stopped fifty meters in front of me. Two thais got off one moto and one more got off the other. Nothing nearby that would cause them to stop at that empty spot so clearly i am the focus of their attention. I thought shit 3 on 1. As i got closer turned out it was 3 lady boys :doah:. But very dangerous seedy horny looking LBs. :: I wasn't as drunk as they hoped so i walked right thru them which backed one up and i gave the usual grunt "Mai Ao goddammit!!" and they let me through. I consider myself the victim of sexual violence though since they groped me as i passed :(

::

Kidding aside, I believe if i were more drunk or had reacted different then a problem would have developed, one should not underestimate the LBs.

Not making light of your situation just thought i'd share another LOS 4am experience.

So here are my questions:

where can one buy a machete?

what clothes are best to wear for the purpose of concealing it while still appearing attractive to the ladies and not looking like you have an 18 inch boner?

are there clothes that will conceal while simultaneously allowing for perspiration to escape? :fever:

any indian tailors on lower suk specializing in custom machete concealment outfits?

can any of you experienced expats tell me how much will this whole set up will cost and are the cops on the lookout for guys wearing this type of hip hop farang ghetto outfit?

One more question: Are there any gyms that offer machete fighting classes? :spank: I'll be in town for three weeks so how much for a three week course?

Thanks in advance for your usual fine answers :worship:

PS: Will buy a beer for the first three guys to steer me in the right direction :beer:

PSS: If i had my machete that night in pty them LBs wouldn't be around to sexually molest any more lonely drunk farang :rip:

Quote: "p.s. Did you fling the coffee in one sweeping motion and hit the two guys with it? Thats about the only way I can see it working. Your description suggests you threw half at one guy, then half at another, which doesn't seem possible because you can't just empty half a cup like that and have any left over in the cup."

Sure you can. This is what happened.

I had just bought a hot cup of coffe at 7-11. The coffee was really hot. I had to move the cup from one hand to the other while I walked. When I bought the coffee, the woman put a cover on it. I had never had them do this before but that is what she did.

When I was attacked, I threw the full cup of coffee at the first person. What he got was 1/2 cup of hot coffee and the coffee cup cover. After I threw the cup in the first person's face, I was surprised that there was still a half cup of coffee still left in the up. So I threw the remainder of the coffee in the second's person's face and then turned and ran.

I wasn't scared - mostly running on pure instinct. If I had to stop and think what I would have done, I doubt I would have done what I did.

P.S. I wrote this article, not to have it PCed to death, but to let some people know that Thailand is changing. Maybe what I wrote will help somebody from being a victim.

As far as I am concerned, Thailand is safer then most Western countries. I spend a conciderable amount of tie in Thailand and plan not to avoid the country because of this incident.

Archived