Random Foreigners Being attacked by gangs

Boring Sunday...wanna trade places...lol...

I can confirm that these "Random" attacks do happen....I myself was a "victim" last week...

Just having a "Quiet" drink with friends in one of our Fav. hangouts....when I was set upon by a "Gang" of at least 10.....

Tried as hard as I could to fight them off, but to no avail... :shocked::shocked:

I was left an absolute mess :shocked::shocked: and the entire contents of my wallet taken :o:(:o

But on a good note....one of them took pity on me and spent the next 6 days, nursing me "Back to Health" :grinyes::beer::grinyes:

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually I am amused by the comments here. Pause and think about it for a moment: on a board devoted to Nana specifically, and bars frequented by foriegners in Thailand generally, we are being that "to avoid attack" in Thailand - to use the exact language of Khun 004's clarification on the point of his post - you should avoid going to bars frequented by foreigners.

This strikes me as hilarious.

Bangkoktraveler="If a ladyboy approaches you, what do you do instead of telling her to get the hell away from you?"

You see and diffuse the situation before it happens. Be acutely aware of your environment. Similar to the way one might approach a chess game.

Bangkoktraveler="If you reread that other thread, you will see that you clouded the thread by your own specuation by subjecting your own theories as facts."

Ummm....I'm not re-reading anything.....you still have not answered the question I posed to you in that thread.

Still looking forward to that intro and beer, but I have quit drinking. Buy me cola?

Actually I am amused by the comments here. Pause and think about it for a moment: on a board devoted to Nana specifically, and bars frequented by foriegners in Thailand generally, we are being that "to avoid attack" in Thailand - to use the exact language of Khun 004's clarification on the point of his post - you should avoid going to bars frequented by foreigners.

This strikes me as hilarious.

Gaddy Old Son,

I don't know if you have realised but this is Thai360 now not Nanaplaza, the site has grown up.

A Piece of Advice Why Don't You!

Guest lazyphil

Its a great shame flyonzewall no longer posts here, from what i remember his outlook was not disimilar to yours, and he had credibilty too.

Personally in all the years I have been running around in Thailand and especially BKK I have never been involved in any violence with Thais. Once I have seen a guy with a huge gun at Hualalomphong and once I have seen a BG threatening her client with a broken glass. At one time period at Koh Phangan I felt unsafe since there were no tourists at all in one low season and the thai ppl were getting very searly and many of yaba user was out to rob bungalows and attack ppl at night to rob them. I got pro-active with weapons and attitude and never anything happened. Maybe what Buddha says is true you create your own circumstances.

In fact I have always recommended Thailand to women who can travel easy and dont have the hot breath from Moslim men in their necks and cause the Thai men have so much possibilities for sexual relieve their is no pressure on the kettle.

I would say there is a third kind of ppl next to the ones having no trouble in LoS and the ones who seem to attract violence. These third group contain the ppl who are goodbelievers in Thailand and will deny any weakness/violence of Thai ppl as if you spoil their dream to talk about reality. I have met MANY ppl like this and have warned them uncountable times of gem scams, 10 baht tuktuks, getting your valuables stolen in busses by ppl who crawl under the seats, even smoking grass at very unsafe places. These ppl mostly KNEW better and did it anyway and did get scammed BIG time or we had to bring them blankets, pillows and food to prison cause they wanted to smoke that dope and they KNEW they werent the ones who were gonna be hurt. I remember that girl quit clearly being upset and in denial cause I said the rainforest is disappaering real fast. This was in Indonesia whilest sitting in the bus and watching all the empty hills or regrown with trees that are not native...

Anyone who thinks Thailand is a violent place should try Jamaica for a week. Hell even Negril

The hustle there is opressive. Try Kingston, perhaps one of the most dangerous places a 'white boy' could venture. Some won't even leave the hotel.

Nothing Bangkok could throw your way would ever compare, and that is if you are behaving. If you tried half the shit in Jamaica that you can pull in lower sukumvit you would be marked quickly.

That said, I love to visit Jamaica. You just need to approach it and understand the environment. I always have a good time and Jamaican women are smoking hot.

Archived