NPF NFL Fantasy Football is BACK!!!

itsmedave

Gentlemen...start your engines!

This is REAL football, not that pansy shit where a tie is common and an injury is a broken nail, I'm talkin good ol boy smashmouth American football where the fights are on the field, and the players were bred to be big and black. (Still love ya, Jimmy the Greek)

Yes, year 4 of our fantasy league, where my Barfines have yet to take a championship...BUT THE GLOVES ARE OFF!!!

A number of changes big and small this year, all meant to ramp up the level of competition and strategy...because football is after all a game of strategy...unlike that OTHER sport some call football, where the only strategy seems to be, "uh, just kick the ball around and maybe we'll get lucky"

(Yes, of course Brits are welcomed with open arms...but you may be in for the same type of ribbing we Yanks endure when we enter the Londoner.)

First major change is that we are switching from Yahoo to ESPN.com. It will be a completely free league with all of the advantages of being with the premier sports website, and with many scoring and player options not made available at Yahoo.

Also, we will use a live draft this year. The draft will be Saturday, Aug 27 at 11pm New York time, or Sunday Aug 28th, at 10am Bangkok time. All owners who would like to participate will need to log in at that time to work with the other owners in selecting your teams. Owners who are not able to make that time, or who are nervous about selecting players can choose to let the computer draft your players for you as it would in an automated draft.

Some other facts about the league:

Positions

QB 1

RB 2

WR 2

RB/WR 1 (you can choose)

TE 1

K 1

DF 1

Bench 8

I have added any more scoring options which will give you more things to ponder when making your decisions For instance, each reception will be worth 1 point, which makes WR's nearly as valuable as RB's, and RB's who catch passes far more valuable than those who don't.

There are bonuses for each positional players who have exceptional games, and more minus points for those who make mistakes.

We are now scheduled for 12 teams with a fourteen week season. The top 8 make the playoffs, and week 17 will be the championship game...where the Barfines crush a team to be named later.

As always, there are no prizes for this league unless the team owners would like to get together and chip in to create a prize package for the winner.

This league is for pride and for fun, as it makes even the lamest games they show on Thai tv more interesting to watch.

To join, please post here, or PM me with your team name, real name, and e-mail address, and I will send you an official invite from ESPN.com. You can go to the website yourself, but our league is private and not shown to the public. I have edited many of the scoring functions so you'll need to see our league details for all the rules. Or you can question me here.

Looking forward to another great fun season with ya'll. Please get your teams in soon.

The Commish

(dave)

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dave,

I'm in.... and you can expect just a "little" bit of competition from Shilo's Prowlers. I'll send you a pm with my contact info.

Quick question: how will the draft order be picked and is there a chance that once we have a full league that we can get some advance warning on the draft order? Knowing where you will draft can make a big difference on how you set up your draft board.

I'm assuming that the draft will be in the snake style.

ei; 1 2 3 4 thur 12 and then 12 11 10 9 thur 1 and back again.

Shilo

Shilo,

Thanks for the info. I will send you the invite directly.

As for the draft order, yes, it goes 1-12, 12-1. I have always allowed the computer to set the number each team will draft at, and this isn't known until just before the draft. But it shouldn't really matter, just set up the players you want most in order and draft accordingly. This is easier with the live draft, as you can make adjustments in real time, if you see a need that hasn't been adressed in the first picks.

Thanks for being the first to sign up.

Good Luck!

Dave

Well I may have been taking a long sabbatical from NP but something as important as the 2005-2006 NPF Fantasy League season will always draw me back.

Let me start by saying that anyone who has enjoyed the past seasons or who anticipates the fun coming up this year owes a deep debt of gratitude (make that at least one beer :beer:) To Dave for putting this thing together yet again.

I hope this year there will be more energy from my fellow owners as last year my Stars raised the championship cup to the sounds of crickets chirping in an empty stadium. Let's get back to the good ole' days of bitch slapping CanaDan and the like.

It's on baby!

To quote the esteemed thespian The Rock: "Can you smelllllllllll what the Stars are cooking?" :neener:

Actually in the case of the Stars of Light I will have to paraphrase a classic line for Apocalypse Now: "I love the smell of a jizz soaked bar room floor in the morning, it smells like, victory!"

:beer:

Badabling,

Thanks for the kind words. :wave:

Actually, I returned as being a Bucs fan I needed a place with sadder souls than I and therefore saught out a venue with a few Motor City Kitty fans. :neener:

With that said I'll be happy to hand you disappointment you in the latter weeks of the league.

Of course as a Lions fan this should be nothing new. :shakehead

Brink15 said:

Badabling,

Thanks for the kind words. :wave:

Actually, I returned as being a Bucs fan I needed a place with sadder souls than I and therefore saught out a venue with a few Motor City Kitty fans. :neener:

With that said I'll be happy to hand you disappointment you in the latter weeks of the league.

Of course as a Lions fan this should be nothing new. :shakehead

Tampa Bay and Detroit....

Sorry guys but when it comes to sob stories, I have you both beat. I've had season tickets for the past 10 years for the BENGALS.

And Thailand thought they were suffering through a drought ::

But I have learned to take my fustrations out with the help of fanasty football. I'm in this league and the EPL to win. Who knows, with any luck my efforts might rub off on my home team.

Dave you are da man, looking forward to another season with you fine folks.

Question, can you pick live for the first couple of rounds and then have the computer take over your picks or is it all or nothing.

Damn, for the life of me I can?t remember my team name from last year, I?m to young to be getting altziemers. I?ll give up my seventh rounder to anyone who can remember my team name haha

stonepony said:

Dave you are da man, looking forward to another season with you fine folks.

Question, can you pick live for the first couple of rounds and then have the computer take over your picks or is it all or nothing.

Damn, for the life of me I can?t remember my team name from last year, I?m to young to be getting altziemers. I?ll give up my seventh rounder to anyone who can remember my team name haha

If memory serves , you were the " ilovethedetroitlions " no ?

Bada :neener: Bing

Archived