the new Football Season-2005/2006

sayjann

1? Which one. The stats say 8 shots on goal...'on goal'. How can only one be clear cut?

Chelski and Arsenal are not equal. Chelski have the better team. If a third of a billion pounds over 2 years can't buy you a better team then there is something terrible wrong. We have a player or two who are better at certain poisitions (Henry and Cole perhaps) but man for man, Chelski are deeper and richer in talent without a doubt to all PL sides and Arsenal have done what they've done for the last 8 years and that is punch above their financial weight. Chelski deservedly are favorites and should be considered as such. They're the PL champions who have strengthened. That said, thank goodness football is more than that. Its also about the players on the pitch on the day they play and that's what Arsenal is hoping will go their way.

I don't know if Man Yoo should be going after Ballack. He's going to be 30 after the World Cup. He'd be a temporary fix not a long term one. In 2 or 3 years he'll need replacing. Essien is a Keane type of player, but the Chavs have him. Obi Mikel, the Nigerian youth player is a Vieira clone. He's gonna be damn good and he's only 17. I saw him play in the youth championships and he was a man child. Same build as Vieira but you can tell he'll be more solidly built when he finishes growing. Good on the ball with a good touch. Man Yoo should try to get him instead of him going to Chelski as well. He's one for the future. I wish we had him.

I'm optimistic about the season. We're underdogs and we do best when we're not supposed to win. '02 sesaon Man Yoo were supposed to win it, '04 season we had lost the title before in '03, Man Yoo bought a shed load of players, we only bought an unknown 34 y.o. german keeper and went unbeaten. Anything we do this year runner up or better is an achievement as we lost Vieira. It is probably a transitional year but we'll see Fabregas and Senderos emerge. van Persie, Quincy and other youth we have will get valuable first team minutes and next season will be PL quality players. I'm excited frankly.

With the dept they have Chelski are supposed to win everything and if they don't win the title it will be a huge disappointment. That's a lot of pressure. We haven't seen them have a dip and until they have one and its seen how they cope, then the jury is out. They had a great season last year with everything going their way. We had it in '04. It won't always be that way as we found at last season and in '03 when we had massive injuries. Lampard has an incredible record of matches played without injury. I don't wish any player harm but its unrealistic to think that can go on forever. Terry as well. Can the other players come in and keep the engine running? Big question mark. We, Man Yoo and other big sides have dropped in quality when regulars get injured so the odds are not good.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First two oberservations of the new season so far

1. Why Did Gary Neville have G.Neville on his shirt, where as Phil only had Neville? Obviously the Glazier family are not as astute as first thought, they have missed the opportunity to rebrand G.Neville as Neville and sell another 2 dozen shirts in Ramsbottom.

2. Why is Robbie Savage trying to follow Emanuelle Petite and become a stunt double for "My Little Pony"?

FUCKING PUB LANDLORDS.................. :banghead:

on Nights and had 3 Hours sleep before dragging myself out of bed to get to the Pub to watch the Everton/MU Game.

got there and the place was packed..............but

Landlord had fucked up and couldn't get the Football on the TV but kept telling everyone "not long now Guys,it'll be on in a Minute".

then he was surprised when People started to leave to go to other Pubs and watch the Game.

"come on Guys,you might not be able to see the Football but you can still have a few Beers" was his cry.

yeah right,fucking moron............ :onfire:

i missed the 1st Half and the Goals before i got to the next Pub...... :cussing:

he has now lost a lot of custom as People are saying they will not be returning to his Pub to watch Football.

i would say the same but they have a REALLY CUTE (and stunning) Barmaid.

Chinese Parentage and 19 Years old and just an excuse to go for a Beer and spend all Night letching after her........ :hubba: :p

This aggregivates me too...landlords switching onto the football with 1 minute to KO....usually its some aussie barman who has no interest. Then they spend another 10 minutes getting the signal/right channel etc.

Why dont they switch over earlier.

Another thing I really detest is where they have the picture but no sound....especially when they have live music.....

:D

I think we're gonna get thrashed, especially if we play like we did against wigan.

On a seperate note.....England were shite last night....I see Calamity James struck again...where on earth was our defence ? even when the first goal went in, only Cole was back.

Glad it was only a friendly....

had to laugh and at the same time think the FA are idiots.

i know there are many who are not worried as it was only a Friendly and the result is not a good indicator,and yes this is true.

but it was still the 'best' Players representing their Country and failing big time.

England's biggest loss for 25 Years is not a good thing to read.

i wonder how many of the Players have ever looked in a Dictionary for the word PRIDE.....

but then again better to get a result like this out of the way in a Friendly and not the Welsh Game next Month.

but what the fuck was Owen playing for?.

he is suspended for the Welsh Game and Defoe should have been told he would be playing 90 Minutes against Denmark and then starting against Wales.

give the Boy some confidence instead of giving Owen another Cap for no reason.

we know what Owen can do and no reason whatsoever to have him in the Squad.

but i have to question the 'attitude' of Brian Barwick who is one of the big-wigs at the FA.

like most others he is either a failed Footballer or someone who never even made the grade,but feels he is in a position to critisize current Players.

his comments about Alan Smith (Man Utd) were uncalled for.

he complains about Smith's decision to 'snub' England and to play for his Employer in a reserve Game.

Smith has not played much lately and needs the Games and to try and force himself into Man Utd's starting line-up.

Smith is an England fringe Player and knows that he will not be a regular in the England Team and also knows that he was only called up for the Squad as an afterthought.

he was not named in the original Squad and only called up after Johnson pulled out.

gives him a big clue as to what the England's Management think of him.

good for him to show loyalty to his Employees

but i see that Barwick who was so vocal a couple of Days ago has been very quiet about the Players who did represent their Country.

so quiet about the dismal performance that his charges put in.

but i bet he enjoyed his lovely little junket to Denmark...

What can I say, a game that started like electric, petered out and finished like electric.

On the whole (and I would say this) Chelsea deserved the win....at least they created a few chances and Arsenal were at their niggly worst - I belive the whole team must of been booked in the last 10 minutes.

Drogba strikes again, perhaps we should keep him on the bench all season and bring him on for the Arsenal games thats three in two for him now.

Chelsea still not at their best, but at least they played bettr than they did at Wigan.

Archived