the new Football Season-2005/2006

sayjann

Chelsea tifosi,

You must've been looking at that game with blue tinted glasses, 55555.

IMHO it was a pretty balnced game where you had one or two better chances than the Arsenal however how lucky of a goal can you get one. Doesn't matter tho, since every goal counts.

The bookings at the end were not necessary tho and showed some frustration.

Definately thought that Cole was with held a penalty.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First of all congrats to all the Chelski fans. I'm sure it was good getting a league win for the first time in 10 years.

I don't think we were outclassed. I was disappointed with Wenger changing strategies. Only Fergie has made him change tactics ever in the league and now Mourinho had. No way should he have started Pires in the hole. We were practically playing 4-5-1. Not only are the player uncomfortable playing that way, it sends the wrong signal to our own players and the opposition. It tells our players that Chelski are too formidable for us and we're going to change our shape to suit them because we can't play our game well enough to make them change to suit us. It also tells Chelski the same thing.

We lacked a final ball. Henry had one of those days and Ljundberg is the only other player that will make runs into their box. We tried to be too elaborate and try for a 5 yd goal when we should have just shot and stung Cech's hands if we had a decent shot from 20 yds in. You force their defense to come out if you take those kind of shots. We didn't and so Terry and company could sit way back and not give up any space between them and the keeper.

Hleb will be class and a star before the year is out. I hope van Persie starts more and plays up front more with Henry. I am just disappointed we didn't have a go at them like we should have.

Chelski played a very mistake free game even if they didn't seem at their best and it was good enough to get a win. Congrats.

Thats EXACTLY the problem with Arsenal CS.....they want to score the perfect goal with the perfect build up. I am the first to admit that they play probably the best attacking football in the premiership, but sometimes you just need to take a 20-yarder and hope for the best.

I think a lot of teams are going to suss out Arsenal this season, I dont think many will beat them, but I believe a lot with take a couple of points of them because they'll learn to shutup shop.

You really do need another quality striker....Owen would complement the team superbly IMHO.

Chelseafan, I see a potential problem. Lamps has had 2 straight quiet games, 3 if you count the charity shield. He was always a good player but last year he had a great year. What if he gets sophmore jinx or just had that one great year and then can't duplicate it like Kevin Phillips had with Sunderland a few years ago? Will Mourinho have the testicular fortitude to bench him?

I can't believe the scum down 7 sisters road have started so brightly. I hope they are at least good enough to take points off Chelski and Man USA. They'll always have a go at us.

In the post match interview Wenger has at least identified the lack of ruthlessness in the attack and hopefully will have the players mindset changed.

Man USA have started off brightly. I thought Everton played well against them and the Yobo gifted goal killed the game. Villa were on their heels from the start. A true test hasn't occured yet.

Chelski should be overwhelming favorites but I have a sneaking suspicion it will be tight close race all season. The charity Shield curse may still raise its head and deny them a title. Title or not, they will always be a force for the forseeable future because they can compete financially. Its just a fact of life that the other clubs will have to live with.

I don't think Fabregas is the answer to replace the loss of Viera. He is more like Alonso of Liverpool. If Owen can be had for 14 million, Arsenal should go for it. That is a price within their budget unlike ridiculous amounts being paid for the likes of Robinho and Essien. The problem with Arsenal is they have to get behind the defense to score. If an opposing team can stop that, it's like constricting a main artery. Here is good article that breaks down the game and both teams very well.

Article

Baptista was the player we were trying to buy to replace Vieira but he went to Real Madrid. Wenger (and I agree) is agianst buying for the sake of buying. Either you buy a player that fits your club or you wait till one shows up. This may end up being a transition season for us till we can find another player. If ending up 2nd or 3rd is what we are in store for in a transition year, I'm thrilled frankly. There are at least 18 clubs that would love to have that kind of season.

We scored 2 goals in 45 minutes against Chelski last season without Vieira or Silva last season, playing teenagers across the midfield, we should have had a 3rd if not for Henry missing a sitter. The difference is we were attacking. The second league game we had 2 clear chances early on hitting the post and beating Cech and Pires missing a one on one chance with Cech. How, we attacked. In the game Sunday we didn't. No one went into the box except Freddie and after he left, no one else did. When we press Chelski we force them to make mistakes. In the CS game, being 2 goals down we put bodies in the box and got a goal. We didn't in this last game. Even with Fabregas, I think we controlled the midfield more than Chelski did.

Chelski looked great in their tour and I think the same fate that befell Man USA may happen to them. Too many games early on. Chelski should win the league anyway. Man USA may be the front runner for for the runner up spot now. They are off to a flying start. It remains to be seen how they do against rivals. I think we're no worse than 3rd. Benitez, from the 2 games they've had, will still drop too many points to challenge for runner up or 3rd. Sperz are off to a flying start but lets see how they do up north. London clubs notoriously don't do well in the midlands, pennines and the northeast. They'll have to get results up there to be a CL qualifying club.

Its going to be an exciting season perhaps with more twists and turns.

Two chapters of the fairy tales book of FC Thun are written! ::

The team of FC THUN from a small village in the Swiss Alps is IN the Champions League. :beer: :beer: :chili::elephant::yay::applause: :applause:

Thun defeat Dynamo Kiev, tonight the team defeat Malmö FF 3:0 and is in the Champions League. Fantastic! :D

Archived