Statistical reassurance from the fear of catching scary germs from BBBJs in LOS

I think most of us read or heard of the horrifying experiences of e.g. Stickman's buddy who caught an ugly bug from a BBBJ. He's, as I take from the Stickman Weekly, in a bad way.

A sensible conclusion an individual of average intelligence, such as myself, could draw from this experience might be to entirely give up on BBBJs.

Living without BBBJs would, however, tend to make my life somewhat boring, so what I am looking for here instead are some statistics to cheer me up a bit before going to LOS in about 5 weeks:

So tell me: Guys like SoongMak, Slimey Toad, and all you other guys who get a lot of BBBJs done in LOS all the time:

How many BBBJs did you enjoy so far WITHOUT catching these killer germs? Can anyone offer me some reassuring statistics?

(I myself had a frightening experience last year where my left ball swelled to the size of an ostrich egg - bloody painfull experience, I can tell you.

The penicillin ordered by my own doctor at first seemed to do little but help the germs swell my sore ball further. Having been admitted to the hospital and subjected to intensive, intravenous antibiotic treatment, the bug was eventually eradicated. Numerous blood tests later, the doctors at the hospital were unable to tell me what type of bug I had caught. The only risky sex I had on the trip to LOS that preceded my infection were - alas - BBBJs of which I had maybe 4 in the course of 4 weeks. 3 of these in Patpong BJ bars and one or two with bar girls).

I take it that the rinsing the girls do between customers is of little or no effect? Any doctoral opinions on this?

Thanx for your input.

Dryson

'True idiots never learn their lesson'

[ May 20, 2001: Message edited by: Dry Son ]

My personal experience:

Over the last year I've had 100 or so bbbjs.

In the fall I was in Bangkok and Patpong. When I returned I got a stinging sensation at the end of my unit. The doctor treated is as Chalmydia and/or Gonnorhea and it got better. I had 20 or so bbbjs while I was in LOS and I had 1 condom break. By chance I had the email address of the girl in whom the condom broke and she insists that she went to the doctor and was told she was clean, but who knows.

This spring I was in Rio where I had 20 or so bbbjs and no other unprotected sex at all. On the airplane I had a greenish discharge that looked a lot like Gonnorhea, but I had no pain and no further discharge after I got home. I told the doctor and he treated me for Chalmydia and/or Gonnorhea and I am fine now.

I'm very interested to see what others say.

Not going to blow smoke up your butt, but do some reading and make your own choices ...

Here's some links:

World Health Organization http://www.who.int/ith/english/sexually.htm

Center for Disease Control http://www.cdc.gov/scientific.htm

CDC Prevention Site http://www.cdcnpin.org/news/prevnews.htm

Trink Article http://www.bangkokpost.net/trink/trink040501.html

Study Trink references http://nexusmagazine.com/HIVnotAIDS1.html

OK ... a quick summary:

Risk for contracting STD's are lower for males than females (excluding males receiving anal from males)

Risk for males from BBBJ is low, but NOT zero ...

These conditions can be transmitted even if you use a condom:

Syphillis

Herpes

Condyloma (Genital Warts - VERY nasty and the disease I would LEAST like to have)

HOW you ask ??

If your partner has any of these conditions in her mouth, or anywhere externally that an uncovered part of YOU comes in contact with.

These three diseases in particular are transmitted by skin to skin contact and I've never seen (and don't want) a condom that covers my hands, scrotum, and tongue.

In a dozen years in the O.R., I witnessed many cases of men/women coming in to have Condyloma removed (laser, cautery, excision) ... almost invariably, male patients had them at the base of the penis ... an area not covered by condoms, meaning the female partner must have had them on the outer labia. Now I also saw many who had them on the glans or shaft as well, and these guys were obviously not using condoms for intercourse (damn foolish).

Bottom line is: Ya pays yer money, and ya takes your choice (and chance!)

Personally, BBBJ bars seem Very High risk to me ... girls there must give scores each week, and don't have option of saying no.

Only 2 BG's I was with did not offer BBBJ ... and I accepted a few. However, their volume is not what a blow job bar girl would be ... IMHO.

My biggest recommendation is to NOT do it first time with a new girl with lights off ... keep 'em on, and get down there and LOOK!! ... It doesn't have to be "clinical" in nature ... make it fun for both, but at least if you SEE something that looks suspicious, you can save yourself a LOT of grief ... give her 500 and send her on her way.

Most folks have seen pix of syphillitic chancres (round open sore)

Herpes can appear similar, or as shallow, narrow fissures ... not crusty or particularly nasty in appearance, or can also appear as more round lesions

Condyloma can appear as small "bumps" ... from reddish to pink or white ... or can appear as larger "califlower" like groups ... not open or weeping (except in advanced stages)

chok dii

Thanx, tc4rob, for your valuable input. I must say I am more and more convinced to give up on BB-anything, although I am troubled to learn that even condoms can't protect me from things like nasty genital warts.

It all makes me wonder what justification good old Evolution has for bugging us with all these marvelous variations of the STD theme. Does not make much sense to me...

Dryson.

frown.gif" border="0

I once caught warts up the arse from a girl with one on her finger, it took months of going to the clinic to get them frozen off as they spread fast and one or two always survived the freezing. They itched a lot and it was a real pain in the arse, so watch where they stick their fingers.-peter

Originally posted by tc4rob:

[QB]Not going to blow smoke up your butt, but do some reading and make your own choices ...

These conditions can be transmitted even if you use a condom:

Syphillis

Herpes

Condyloma (Genital Warts - VERY nasty and the disease I would LEAST like to have)

• 2 weeks later...

A friend of mine returned to the US about a month ago from a visit here. He came down with gonorrhea after a single BBBJ!!! What terrible luck, eh?

On the other hand, I have another friend who heads to the BJ bar near Soi Cowboy, regularly (once every 2 weeks or so) gets BBBJs and hasn't caught a thing yet.

Cheers!

There’s an element of Russian roulette for those who play around. Even if you are careful, the odds go up over time that you’ll eventually catch something. After dodging the STD bullet for many years, I caught a non-specific STD from a BBBJ in my early sanuking days (fortunately easily curable). As I’ve gotten older, the scales have tipped the other way since I don’t enjoy bargirls as I once did while the risk factor remains annoyingly high. This might explain why I spend so much time on the Internet talking about this stuff instead of doing it.

Anyway, it’s better to go in accepting these risks; otherwise stick with the wife, girlfriend, ... or your hand. wink.gif" border="0

-

Archived