Champions League 2005 / 2006

ultras67

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Moretto was again your MOM.......... :up:

Benfica survived a rather dubious Penalty award but Barca should have had another later on which brings me to a silly statement by a Commentator.

he said that Ref's do not like to give more than 1 Pen a Game and that comment to me was so silly.

if a Team commits 10 fouls in the area then 10 Oens..no question.

Beto really messed up for the 1st Goal and it was backs to the wall time for Benfica after that.

Barca had the ball so much but were disappointing in one respect.

i like watching them play but my 1 criticism of them is that they want to score the 'perfect' Goal.

all 11 Players touching the ball or someone performing tricks and then scoring a wonder Goal.

i just wish they would play it simple sometimes and go for the jugular.

Benfica had a couple of half-chances before Simao had the chance of the Game but he put it wide........ :doah:

that could have changed the Game completely but Benfica looked a little deflate after that and no surprise when Eto'o finally got the 2nd Goal.

as you say Benfica done well by going as far as they did and i feel a little better.

my Team may not have progressed from the Group stages but the Teams which did have reached the 1/4 finals and the final of this Years Competition,so at least MU were knocked out by Teams which played well and progressed...... :beer:

Table after the latest phase of the Competition.

1 Zaad's Zombies Zaad BatiGoal 48 196

2 Sathorn Saints ultras 67 45 169

3 sayjann's flyers phuket lover 50 145

4 Bangkok Makems Gordie Geordie 58 144

5 Soi Park Gooners K Man 38 132

6 Randomisers Blue Bear 34 126

Table and Scores for the entire Competition.

1 Zaad's Zombies Zaad BatiGoal 48 453

2 Bangkok Makems Gordie Geordie 58 416

3 sayjann's flyers phuket lover 50 411

4 Sathorn Saints ultras 67 45 388

5 Soi Park Gooners K Man 38 378

6 Randomisers Blue Bear 34 311

with 4 Games to go i think it will be hard to catch Zaad...... :banghead:

i will strive to finish above LG and stay ahead of Ultras 67 who are both fine fellas and good to see them both in Thermae last Year............ :beer:

it will be an embarrassment if Kman finishes above me......being beaten by a Gooner will hurt me so much....... :down:

I know what you mean Sayjann.

They kinda miss the killer instict.

Similar to what Ajax had in their glory days. Too much football for the fans and forget the objective of the game :)

Would be nice of course if Simao had scored that one good chance he had but I can live with this loss. We just couldn't get more out of it.

I AM disappointed of course that their first goal came from a terrible miss from Beto (as you mentioned) but that's football, he was put under pressure, which results in such mistakes.

As for the CL fantasy...I deliberately left out the Barca players because they were against my team..otherwise I might have had more points.

There's still time to catch me but I wouldn't put my money on it :)

was looking at the next phase and we are able to change the entire Squad with no Points lost.

logic says that the Team should include a lot of Arsenal Players as they look to have the easier Game on paper,but who knows.

the Barca/Milan Tie is hard to call or to decide which Players to pick from those Teams IMO.

Archived