Champions League 2005 / 2006

ultras67

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you posting in the wrong thread? Who mentioned Everton?

Here are the standings for the Fantasy league.

I suppose I should never bet against my pwn team :( Had Adriano as captain and of course he was "rested" and figo got booked. oh well.

1 Zaad's Zombies Zaad BatiGoal ....... 53 106

2 sayjann's flyers phuket lover......... 61 100

3 Soi Park Gooners K Man .............. 62 100

4 Sathorn Saints ultras 67............... 47 89

5 Bangkok Makems Gordie Geordie...... 49 61

6 Randomisers Blue Bear................. 31 60

a good Matchday for me and am happy,but i fucked up.

10 Minutes before the deadline i found out Poborsky was out and quickly replaced him with Scholes.

cost me 2 points so the points scored were cancelled.

but at the same time i thought about changing my Captain from RVN to Ronaldinho............ :up:

except that i didn't and instead of 42 points i ended up with 30.......... :cussing: :cussing: :banghead: :banghead:

that would have put me at the top and if Cruz hadn't missed the Pen then i would have been in clear 2nd.

i'm after you Zaad.......... :grinyes:

this Season will be fine when i beat you in both Competitions....... :yay:

good results i see for the Dutch and Portugese this Week....... :neener:

did any English Team lose?...............

just seen the Goals from last Night and the 3rd Goal from Fenebache was a classic.

Liverpool/Chelsea was built up for Weeks in the UK and it was obvious it was going to be dire.

and it turned out to be a no score BORE.

both Teams nullified the other but Liverpool were unlucky with a couple of Penalty appeals.

the Gallas one was spot on,if you raise your hand at shoulder level 2 Yards from the Goal and stop the ball from goin in then it must be a Penalty.

the Hamman one was slighlty in a grey area,but he got a boot in the balls when the ball was a little way off.

before the Game Mourinho said he was happy with the Ref and perhaps that influenced the Ref's decisions.

but i noticed Mourinho again showed his contempt of his Peers.

at the final whistle as his backroom staff were shaking hands with the Liverpool staff he walked down the tunnel straight away without shaking Benetiz's hand.

that to me is sheer arrogance and disrespect to a fellow Manager.

what a WANKER...............

Read my previous posts, especially about the terrible form and record they had after Gravesen went to RM and the fact that they couldn't attract any quality transfers before the season and you can add Sissoko(who went to Liverpool)to the list. C'mon. Losing to the Thai under 23 team? That was pathetic. And their showing in the CL and the UEFA Cup(Dinamo Bucharest ha ha) this year was just as bad. All you have to do is look at how Liverpool has asserted themselves in the CL this year to know they belong. After the way Everton has played in both European competitions, I'm surprised anyone would defend them. And I don't think Carsley would have made a difference...LOL!!!

'Sorry, but Everton was in the CL and didn't deserve to be there. Their spot should've been given to Liverpool'

the rules are that the top 4 in the PL qualify for the CL.

Everton came 4th and therefore end of discussion.

Liverpool did not qualify for this Seasons Competition because of their performances in the PL last Season.

Liverpool winning the CL last Season caused a massive problem for UEFA (the scenario had never happened before) and due to pressure they had to allow Liverpool in.

no matter what Evertons results were at certain times during last Season,they deserved their place as they fulfilled the criteria of finishing in the top 4.

i don't think that Liverpool's results so far have shown that they should have been awarded an automatic place in the CL.

they played 6 Qualifying Games and not against the best Teams in the World.

TNS were full of Postmen,Butchers,roadsweepers etc and not exactly the cream of Europe.

Liverpool will struggle in this Years Competition..........

sayjann said:

just seen the Goals from last Night and the 3rd Goal from Fenebache was a classic.

Liverpool/Chelsea was built up for Weeks in the UK and it was obvious it was going to be dire.

and it turned out to be a no score BORE.

For a neutral it must of been a bit boring.

both Teams nullified the other but Liverpool were unlucky with a couple of Penalty appeals.

the Gallas one was spot on,if you raise your hand at shoulder level 2 Yards from the Goal and stop the ball from goin in then it must be a Penalty.

Put it this way, I woulnd't of been surprised to see Gallas one given, however, what possibly saved his bacon was that he was holding onto the shirt of a scouse player AND he didn't make a sweeping gesture with his hand to move the ball away...however like I said, I'm surprised we got away with it

the Hamman one was slighlty in a grey area,but he got a boot in the balls when the ball was a little way off.

before the Game Mourinho said he was happy with the Ref and perhaps that influenced the Ref's decisions.

but i noticed Mourinho again showed his contempt of his Peers.

at the final whistle as his backroom staff were shaking hands with the Liverpool staff he walked down the tunnel straight away without shaking Benetiz's hand.

that to me is sheer arrogance and disrespect to a fellow Manager.

what a WANKER...............

Now thats just plain hypocrtical, how many times has SAF done that over the years......

Archived