Riding Out Katrina

HSTEACH

Guest lazyphil

<<If you're taking food to feed yourself and your family you are NOT looting. Taking TV sets, camcorders, etc. yes, that would be looting but taking diapers for your child and food when you have no other way of getting it is called survival not looting>>

Remember my recent tag line?...'Necessity hath no law', Oliver Cromwell, perfect example.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Katrina also knocked down sections of a large bridge that connects the city to the east I think, so no help can come from that direction,

Bush should declare a national emergancy , and bring in as many troops to help as possible, plus Navy ships

it will be hard as many are in IRAQ,

These people need help NOW, not talk,

I know I could not last 3-4 days with no food-water,

OC

lazyphil said:

The bad element will get more coverage, makes better TV. Good people out number the bad, but they wont report this!

That's true. Things like this bring out the best and the worst in people. In fairness to CNN they do seem to be keeping the reporting fairly balanced and most people seem to be coping as best they can. CNN can't be everywhere though and there are some very uncivilized things going on in New Orleans.

I think a lot of people are shocked at how quickly the social fabric falls apart.

With over a million residents in the metro area, there will be some looting. Especially with a large portion of the underclass that is poor.

However, those that are simply trying to get food are labeled as looters.

In my post I made a distinction. TV sets - looting, food - self survival.

I'm trying to show an image but I am having trouble posting it on here. I've clicked the 'Image' UBB code and put in the link but nothing??

chocolat steve said:

With over a million residents in the metro area, there will be some looting. Especially with a large portion of the underclass that is poor.

However, those that are simply trying to get food are labeled as looters.

In my post I made a distinction. TV sets - looting, food - self survival.

I'm trying to show an image but I am having trouble posting it on here. I've clicked the 'Image' UBB code and put in the link but nothing??

I agree Steve. Those who are just after food and water shouldn't be labeled as looters. Those who steal TV sets, trucks, break into banks and ATM machines and shoot at policemen are definitely looters. My guess is some folks are in gangster paradise. Going to be interesting to see if anybody gets caught after all this. :)

Fats is OK...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/eo/20050902/en_music_eo/17283

Archived