Crossroads, when did you start fucking them?

Nervous_Dog

How many farang women and men do save up for the future in their twenties. Where I come from maybe 2 out of 100 the rest is spending it! I also wonder how many people on this board have mentionable savings? According to all these trips to los people here are either rich or notoriously broke! It is foolish indeed how easy they spend their money, but on the other hand I understand them. They could never afford anything and now they can! They just don't know when to stop!

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't see anything wrong with buying or selling sex either. I just get annoyed at the idea that they "have no other choice."

I also think their motivations are based more on greed than need, and they are foolish with how they handle their earnings. Example being, they think the money won't stop, and thus they go into debt...debt being the excuse they went into the business in the first place, seems it never ends, and they never learn.

But mind you, I love whores and thank god for them!

Now you are finally talking some sense.

But when you say shit like this:

none the less, I seriously doubt any monk (a real sincere one anyway) would condone whoring and punting...none the less, some here seem to think Thai culture accepts it, Thai culture does NOT. That is based on what Thais have told me, Monks, and main stream Thais...

...you show that you do not get Buddhism at all. One of the best aspects of Buddhism is that one does not judge. One takes care of oneself. If you judge others, you are not near enlightenment. But then again, no one ever said that most Thais were good Buddhists...

Cheers,

SD

Not sure what part of what I posted was "shit?" Especially since you almost seem to agree with it when you say "...no one ever said Thais are good Bhuddists..."

I see the philisophical point...but if you put the question to a monk, (I have to several), you get a very judgemental answer...and from many Thais as well...Hence, the philisophical point of the religion is very different than the practice of it...but that is no surprise with any religion now is it?

Hence, the practice in reality vs. the philosophy of not judging are two different things, Bhuddist scripture and or philosophy may not condem or judge, but some Thais and some Monks do, and thus, my post was not "shit" at all.

I would add, that part of the answer I got was that it was desecrating the body (remember when many girls didn't give BJs? because of the Bhuddist beliefe about the head being the high part of the body? A trend that thankfully seems to be passing) as well as giving into immediate gratification/desire.

Additionally, the explanation explaining why it was wrong included that it was based in a desire for more than life provided, created greed, lead to other bad things like drinking and drugs...and was just not a healthy thing to do. The monks did also condem punters for similar reasons, as did the Thais.

Actually, it was more a condemnation of the act, not of the people. Really, I don't know any religion that condones it...some condem it more overtly than others...but as you said, no one ever said they were good Bhuddists...of course Christianity also has a clause of "...judge not least ye be judged..." or something but no one really follows that either.

I would not use the word "judge" as this would next imply that some sentence will be imposed.

I would say, "evaluate".

You can compare or evaluate what Bhudda said to do and see what others are doing.

IMO, the monks need to evaluate people so as to be able to guide them.

Not true Cava. Contemplate this:

"In your daily life you should be aware of everything you do and why and how you do it. Usually we do everything unconsciously: we eat unconsciously, drink unconsciously, talk unconsciously. We have no idea of what is happening in our minds, even though we say we are conscious. I'm not judging you, putting you down, but you look for yourself. The way of Buddhism is to put forward ideas for you to examine and experience. I'm not talking about something way up in the sky. This is very simple." -- Dr. Acharn Chuen Pangcham, a monk with whom I once studied. (emphasis mine)

Cheers,

SD

I thought it was more about looking in your own backyard before judging others. Popular belief in Burma. But when looking at it from that prospective it rings closely to the cristian belief of let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

That is just it Bust, Almost all religions have something in them about judging others, but few of the practitioners ever really observe that point.

Certain things are "absolute." Ask a monk if killing is wrong, what is his answer? Will he "judge?" Ask him if whoring and punting are in accordance with Buddhist teachings and practices...I am certain he will say no, and perhaps list several reasons why the answer is no. He may not "judge" the person who does it, but he will have a "judgment" of the action. And we all know we pay for inappropriate actions in the next life...or something like that.

What are the basic precepts of Buddhism? right speech, right thought, right action, Something like this right? Also something about right livelihood? (Right Livelihood - One's way of livelihood does not harm in any way oneself or others; directly or indirectly). But what do I know, clearly nothing.

Now assuming one were to NOT do this, then according to the teachings,they are wrong, and they'll pay for it in the next life...wait...isn't that a judgment? a condemnation?

By the way, what is wrong with "judging?" And is "judging" people who "judge" also "judging?" and isn't that wrong also?

Archived