Coming Soon!

dubbs

I will be leaving for Thailand later this week and arriving on Saturday Night at the airport around 8:45pm. I have a stop over on Seoul which lasts around 9 hours I think. It's long but what are you going to do.

So I have a few last questions. I am coming from Toronto to Seoul and leaving very late Thursday night. I am planning on sleeping on the plane and maybe taking half a sleeping pill to make sure I do get sleep because usually I can't sleep on flights. It is my first trip to Asia or anywhere further than europe so I don't know what to expect other than the jetlag will be rough. I have around 9 hours to spend in my stopover in Seoul. Any advice on what I should do with this time? My options seem to be check out Seoul for a few hours and maybe risk getting stuck in traffic and missing m flight, more sleep, or finding a place where I can get highspeed internet and doing some work. My #1 choice would be to get work done and I expect to be doing up to 4 hours/day while in BKK. So for people w/ experience in this area advice on what I do with my time would really help.

If anybody wants to meet up then either write back on here giving me the heads up on events or you can even PM me.

I have booked the JW Marriot for my entire stay, decided not to go to Phuket and save it for trip #2. Wanted the Nana hotel but I need my internet so I can work, planning 4 hours/day of doing work and it's a must. So I might get nana hotel for just 1 night just for laughs and to bring 2 or 3 girls in there, I hear Marriot will tollerate 1, maybe 2 not sure if they would be like hey, 3 is too mutt. I plan on visiting Pattaya for a day or 2 unless anyone advises against it but it sounds like I have to at least pay a visit there.

Other than that I don't really have any major plans for my trip. I started off ready to write a list of things to do or an itinery but seems like best advice is to wing it and I think it will be more fun that way not really keeping track of my time or days. Some of the things I do want to do like get custom made suits or visit the Grand Palace or shopping for stuff i'll just write down a few things over a few drinks with some of you members in person.

Dubbs

Too bad Saturday so you will miss the Friday night gathering. But PM a schedule and maybe we can meet up. I or any number of merry pranksters on this board can give you tips on what you want to do (gals and normal stuff too).

Cheers,

SD

Quote;

"Other than that I don't really have any major plans for my trip. I started off ready to write a list of things to do or an itinery but seems like best advice is to wing it and I think it will be more fun that way not really keeping track of my time or days."

Bangkok (or Pattaya for that matter) will be like a battle plan, the plan may sound great but as soon as the battle starts, all plans go overboard.

You seem to be planning to do the right thing. Suadam may be a very good guide, can highly recommend him.

'Suadam may be a very good guide, can highly recommend him'

do not trust Suadum,he will corrupt you.........:grinyes:

the only Night i met him he took me to places of such Debauchary which inclued naked Women and Lesbian Shows......... :yikes:

i had to return the next Night to make sure what i had seen was for real...............

i have had Nightmares ever since thinking how can i recreate the things i saw in my very own Bedroom......... :doah:

I think I could use a little bit of corruption on my trip :)

I still need some advice from the North Americans on what should I do with my stopover time in Seoul, just looked at my ticket and it's a tad longer than I thought. I arrive at 3am in Seoul and I don't fly out until 5:15pm leaving for BKK so I have 14 hours stopover time. I have a similar situation when I leave back for Toronto with 12 hour stopover again in Seoul. It's a lot of stopover time and this was one of the better flights for me to pick that didn't include any stopovers in the States (customs there are ridiculous). I'm assuming i'm sleeping on the plane via sleeping pill so i'm expecting to get enough bad sleep on the plane. With my 14 hours in Seoul (starting at 3am) I need advice on what to do for people who have done this before. I really want to do work on my laptop with high speed internet so should I get a hotel or am I fine staying inside the airport and use something there or maybe they have a wireless connection throughout? Please help me on this one.

Arrive in BKK at 8:30pm, i'm assuming customs will be easy and it'll take me about an hour to get to my hotel. If it will take longer someone let me know, other than that I think i'll have enough energy to go out for some action so if anyone wants to meet up and see this innocent young man be influenced by the corruption of girls and lesbien shows PM me.

Dubbs

If you arrive at 8.30 PM, you should be through customs with your baggage and tourist visa in say 30 minutes to 45 minutes. (Depends on how busy the customs people are.)

Then change some money at the airport (quite fair rate there) and walk outside to the taxi stands. Ignore the touts inside who try to get you to take a limousine for a ridiculous amount. Get a taxi slip for the hotel you want to go to. They'll assign a cabbie to take you there. You should be at your hotel by around 10 PM or so. The bars don't close until 2 AM.

You can walk to Nana Plaza from the Marriott. Soi Cowboy would be a 35 baht taxi ride. (What's that, a little over one dollar Canuck now?) Take a moving taxi, not the vultures that sit outside of hotels and the nightlife areas looking for victims.

You also should start getting used to the SKytrain. Great way to travel around in the daytime, packed with young secretaries and cute students.

I'd recommend Soi Cowboy over Nana these days, though the damn djs in Cowboy deserve to be lined up and shot. You might want to bring some ear plugs. :(

DO NOT change money at your hotel. Hotels here give you a crap rate, much lower than a bank or money changer will. Also, don't bother changing any in Canada. The exchange will be bad there too.

Can't advise you about Seoul, since I've never flown that route. But Korea is expensive. Rest up and do your carousing in Thailand.

Archived