My issue...

Old Hippie

This is not aimed at anyone, but what is with some of these contest entries? I am happy to see photos, but shouldn't we stick to the theame? Shouldn't we judge the entries on composition, and technical quality etc? It seems to me, that any picture with a girls ass automatically qualifies as a "good/great" picture. Yes, I like women's asses as well, but hell, a theame is a theame, and quality/technical ability and composition should mean something as well, or maybe even mean EVERYTHING!

The next contest "women" will no doubt be more of the same. I seriously doubt photo skill will even be considered, rather the winner will be who has the hottest picture, regardless of quality...just my thoughts as an "artist"... :soapbox::drunk:

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The point you make is fair but you have to understand that this is NOT a photography forum and people here are much less aware of things like composition, lighting, depth of field, focal length of lens, digital enhancements used etc.

I entered one of the monthly contests a few months back and felt that technically the photo I entered was much better than any of the others, yet I wasn?t even close to winning. If it had been hosted at a photography forum there is a good chance I would have done better.

This is a Thailand nightlife forum and while there are a number of users with an appreciation of the many issues facing a photographer, there are even more who simply like a picture that ?looks nice?.

Hi,

Fair enough comment and I have changed the descriptions to reflect the theme of each folder. I'll see if I can add some general info as well, but as this would require me to make changes to the actual program I can't guarantee anything.

I have to admit that I am getting rather annoyed by your complaints. I guess it is easier to find fault with something than to enter photos.

It seems it is a general attitude (not just you) to complain about any change being made, but never to actually come up with a suggestion on how to improve things. Nor to help promote the new features by contributing (and yes, I am aware that you did add a couple of reviews and I thank you for that).

Anyway, I understand where you are coming from and I suppose you don't mean these comments in a bad way, but it would be nice if people came up with suggestions of how to improve things rather than just telling me what is wrong.

Also, please keep in mind that we are restricted to the software we use and while I can program in PHP, it is often times not that easy to make changes to a complex program as for instance the photo gallery.

Sanuk!

khunsanuk said:

I have to admit that I am getting rather annoyed by your complaints. I guess it is easier to find fault with something than to enter photos.

It seems it is a general attitude (not just you) to complain about any change being made, but never to actually come up with a suggestion on how to improve things.

I have on many occasions suggested improvments. However, bottom line, I don't need to care. It's not my site.

Hi,

"However, bottom line, I don't need to care. It's not my site."

And that is where I think you are wrong, it *is* your site. Sure, I may be the owner of it, but I'd like to think of this site as a community, a place of like minded people who together try to make this site as good as possible.

I think that a huge part of the problem is that people want to be fed information, want to be entertained, yet the majority is not willing to participate. I.e. let someone else take care of adding content to this site and I'll just sit back and comment on it.

It is attitudes like that which prevent this site (and others like it) to grow into something that is truly useful. We can provide the platform (and are barely even breaking even I might add), but we need people to participate in order to make it work.

So the way I see it, it *is* your site.

Your's and every other member's. It is you who decide if the review system will work, whether or not the GoGo ranking will become a useful tool, even whether or not we can afford to keep paying for the site.

Sanuk!

Archived