My issue...

Old Hippie

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

had I known it was a katoey pic I think it had received a 3. Best pic IMO is OHs Entry 2 which I gave a 10.

--------------------------------------------

here, there is something I don't understand and a contradiction of sorts. for what reason? because a pix of katoeys is not exactly your taste, but that was someone's Thailand, not yours, and somehow, it worked in your realm, you gave it a 10. Just finding out they're katoeys makes it even more "our" thailand actually. they are a presence in the thai landscape, and we do talk about them.

Likewise, why should a pix of a temple inside be the best, since it obviously cannot encompass the "my-ness" of anyone here, unless he's a monk or into wats big time (I bet some thought it was mine, actually). For that pix to work for me, there should have a been 1 or 2 other elements coalescing together to offer a sense of what it's about, to dig Thailand, for the guy. This shot was very impersonal, a 3 day no-repeat tourist in the kingdom could take it.

OH takes good shots, BTW, so i am only talking about it as a shot, not as OH's shot.

Torneyboy said:

Yeah agree...you are a pro...many of us dont know how to upload a photo :doah:

We all want to have fun..just some know how and others are learners in the digital world? :dunno:

Still think a reason is tech problems...heaps of old guys on this board.....old dogs new tricks ::

No one here is more technically challanged than I am. Just take a look at all my posts in the tech forum "How to turn on my computer?" "what is a keyboard" etc... I had problems at first, but by asking around here, got them sorted out. Latgely thanks to LazyPhil who got me sorted on sizing! In short, for starters, just email the pics to KS and he can resize them and post them as entries. More less the procedure anyway I think.

Straycat,

In the best of World's perhaps. In this case, no. You've framed your opinion with a hint that you know how it works and, may I remind you, also accused me of forwarding "sad excuses". Furthermore, you were babbling something about that I've not "signed up", which in your context obviously were something bad. As you've taken the first step, I've taken liberty to point out that you're utterly clueless.

Is that all you have to say? Me being utterly clueless?

Please give me more than that Catwoman.

I have given nothing but my opinion on this matter but you feel the need to give yours along with irrelevant comments about me (the poster) such as..

Yeah, right. Yet another self-proclaimed expert.

Your so lost. I hope that you'll never ever be in business to sell goods or services because you are total catastrophy. The sad thing is that you don't even know about it. Stick to diving or teaching or what ever...

I don't speak out of my ass on this issue (hinting I do?)

As for the chill-pill, I'll take one as long as you don't utter comments about issues you don't have a clue about.

I have no problems reading others' opinions and agree-disagreeing or even changing my very own if I see others making

I've enjoyed reading all the above, and it convinces me more than ever to restrict theme selection to those who enter.

As there is no easy way to get the names of those who entered, I'll ask anyone who wants to nominate a theme for October to PM me with your theme.

In a week I'll PM you all back with the full list, then vote.

OK?

That way we can be sure no "open Ended" themes.

Thoughts?

.. of time) it'd suffice to post the theme in this forum.

Those who PMed you and are interested in the competition will find it in here, don't worry about that, unless you like the extra work :)

P.S. Sorry for the above.. have fucked up internet problems.

Takes a million clicks to post something. Guess I'll lay low for a while.

Will make some of you happy.

:)

Archived