My issue...

Old Hippie

"...I love the fact that I am *sure* that all the goobers who voted for that pix thought they were voting for girls. Classic!

Cheers,

SD ..."

Well, as the record shows, I hated this picture, and gave it a "1" thus proving I am not gay! now as for the guys who voted highly for it, because it aroused them, well, that is another matter... :) but we can all laugh about it as we massage eachother at the bath house...er ah, nothing gay I mean... :)

And yes, exactly my point here, it "...is the quality of the picture, and how well it conforms to the theame..." as you say. A good picture should make the viewer look at it and at least say "...wow, that is a good picture..." even if they don't really like the subject.

Photography is basically a lot of luck, right place, right time, lucky shot etc...the rest comes down to a decent (asthetic) eye and decent equipment. I've taken 10+ thousand pictures I'd say in the last few years, 99% are crap, but the rest are fairly decent, some exceptional. More luck than skill in my case, and a lot of pictures to select from...

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First and foremost, I don't speak out of my ass on this issue (i.e. I have relevant experience). Secondly, I'm a firm believer in that the majority of web users are a) not mind readers B) not willing to click around five times to gather information about something that is presented at hand.

Firstly, there's no need to be a mind reader in this case.

Secondly, if people are truly so lazy to click a few times as you say, don't you think going out and taking some shots is out of the question, even the patience to search and upload pics would be a hassle if we go according to your reasoning.

But again, I'm sure the changes won't have a negative impact so I can't disagree with them.

As for the chill-pill, I'll take one as long as you don't utter comments about issues you don't have a clue about.

Calling me a self-proclaimed expert eh? :)

You give your opinion and I present you mine, whether you like it or not. Ain't that nice?

Keep silly assumptions to yourself next time.

Zaad said:

Secondly, if people are truly so lazy to click a few times as you say, don't you think going out and taking some shots is out of the question, even the patience to search and upload pics would be a hassle if we go according to your reasoning.

To a large extent; yes, that's exactly what I think. That's also why I think it's important to ease the process as much as possible.

You give your opinion and I present you mine, whether you like it or not. Ain't that nice?

In the best of World's perhaps. In this case, no. You've framed your opinion with a hint that you know how it works and, may I remind you, also accused me of forwarding "sad excuses". Furthermore, you were babbling something about that I've not "signed up", which in your context obviously were something bad. As you've taken the first step, I've taken liberty to point out that you're utterly clueless.

Get it?

--------------------

I sure read you well, no need to re-write it. But the way the guys vote on the pix, prove you wrong on all your premises.

There are plenty of pix sites where photographic quality is the idea, not NP. that's all. I may disagree with some results, but my idea of it is just like the one for the main board. not take oneself too seriously, or not too long, and have fun.

Not sure why there are few entries. It would be easy to refuse shots with girls in a soi dog contest, or signs. but MY THAILAND, we have to accept that on this board, girls (or looking like :)) are quite an item to identify with the place.

Anyway, have the top placements been so affected by girls in shots with little to do with the title contest, every month?

suadum said:

Well then, let's change the contest to what it is then, a girl contest. Otherwise why have themes and pretend it is something it is not?

I am not alone in this thought and it could be why there are few entries...

Regards,

SD

Hi

Think a lot of guys may have tech problems.

For the first few contests i was Non digital...was in BKK for the dog comp.

Got a great shot then had to get the film developed then go to photo shop to scan and email to me then re email to KS...took a long time and cash...but was fun.

Now i am digital..need to sort out how to send myself...

Quick and easy for the pros like p127,.Oh,and pe ...etc

The point of my original post was/is, those entering should stick to the theme, take the picture themselves, and try to present something of decent quality. Tits and ass are fine where appropriate. So are Katoeys, in any event, I want more people to enter and above all, have fun!

Archived