Silom Sauna

The_Munchmaster

Here's a place I like to go to after a heavy night. Contrary to it's name it's nowhere near Silom, in fact it used to be located on Suk Soi 31 but moved to Suk Soi 22 a couple of years ago and there's also another one off Suk Soi 55.

It's a very basic setup in an unairconditioned tin shed and has a very hot sauna, steam room, cold plunge pool, hot pool, swimming pool and small gym and some tables and chairs for sitting around and is open from midday to midnight. It costs Bht 150 and for that you can stay as long as you like and while you are there you will be served endless glasses of iced tea, a big plate of fesh fruit and other assorted Thai drinks. It's frequented predominantly by Thais with the occassional farang.

I normally go early afternoon, change into a towel and then sit down to read the Bkk Post, drink some iced tea and eat some fruit. I then have a few sauna's and drink plenty more iced tea. Then after about an hour and a half I wander out into the lobby where the girls are sitting around and usually take one for a massage. There are no great lookers but I've not had too many disappointments with the service. Usually they massage your legs, then give you a BJ, then massage the rest of you and then go all the way. Once I had a girl who repeated the whole process and then offered to drive me back to my hotel because it had started to rain!

I always take a private massage room which is Bht 300, but they also have curtained cubicles, and the going rate for the girl is Bht 1,000 which you give to her as you exit the building (you pay for the sauna and the room to the cashier as you depart).

Anyway after all the saunas, tea, fruit, massage and sex you feel totally relaxed, which can't be bad for about Bht 1,600 (I always tip the other staff) and by then it's just about time to hit the town once again.

At first I thougt you meant the one on soi3 in Pattaya! About the same type of set up, I wonder if they are owned by the same people! 1600 for massage, sex, sauna, drink, food and paper! MaiLuk might give you 3.5 stars for being cheap!

Only problem is alot of these places can get real filthy...ie the one in Pattaya! How does it stack up on this! What would you rate the girls at: less then Annies better than Annies in girl quality! I love Sauna...btw! Can you get a BJ while in the sauna or steam room?

SkiBum

teddy said:What type of fruit?

The fruit wasn't really the purpose of the post, I just mentioned it in the passing. However since you ask it normally consists of a slice of watermelon, a side of pineapple and some star fruit. Does that help you decide whether to go or not?

SkiBum said:Only problem is alot of these places can get real filthy...ie the one in Pattaya! How does it stack up on this! What would you rate the girls at: less then Annies better than Annies in girl quality! I love Sauna...btw! Can you get a BJ while in the sauna or steam room?

This place is basic but definitely clean. Never been to Annies so can't compare the girls but remember this isn't predominantly a massage parlour, it's a sauna / relaxation place with massage available. There are no stunners but from time to time a few good ones and they all seem to know what's expected of them. Best probably to be there mid afternoon before it gets too busy.

The girls don't come into the main area where the sauna / steam room is so no BJ there, but the private rooms all have a small sauna attached and although I've never seen them fired up I'm sure they could be.

Went to the old location on Soi 31 once many years ago and just had a trad massage with a buddy. The girls were quite upset that we didn't want any extras!

I go to the one on Soi 3 in Pattaya quite often, but usually just opt for straight massage (300B for 2 hrs-used to be 200B, but they upped the price). Have had HJ, BJ and FS before there as well despite the sign ot the wall stating "No Sex!!!" SkiBum is right, the place is kind of filty and dingy. But, the free fruit is nice! Always tipped 500B for extras and 100B if just massage. Actually never tried the sauna.

Ranger

It's quite far up Soi 22 on the left hand side (if you're coming from Sukhumvit).

There are no landmarks near it but on the way there you pass The Imperial Queens Park Hotel on your left, then Liberty Apartments on your right and the Soi 22 (Scottish) Bar opposite, then there are a couple of schools, one on each side of the road and not long after that you will see a sign post on the left for Silom Sauna. You enter what you could almost describe as a bit of concreted semi wasteland! (don't let that put you off) and it's in the far right corner. Last time I was there there was a sales office for an apartment building at the entrance (to the "wasteland").

Hope you find, it's worth a visit, particularly if you want to liven up after a boozy night.

• 6 years later...

Archived